White coming to Boston in support of bombing victims

Last Monday two bombs were exploded during the Boston Marathon, wounding over 150, and killing three. A police officer was killed and one injured during an extended and ultimately successful effort to arrest the suspected bombers, brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

Rest in Peace
Krystle Campbell, 29

Rest in Peace
Martin Richard, 8

Rest in Peace
Lu Lingzi, 23

Rest in Peace
Sean Collier, 26

At Saturday's post-UFC on FOX 7 press conference, UFC president Dana White, a former resident of Boston, pledged financial support to Boston Marathon bombing victims.

"I have a hard time talking about this in public because if I really do talk about it, I'm going to come off like a psycho," said White. "I've really limited talking about it, but I'm going to Boston on Saturday. After [UFC 159], I'm jumping on a plane and flying to Boston, and I'm actually going to go visit some people that were affected by this horrible event."

"The story that gets me is the mother that was crossing the finish line and the 8-year-old that was killed and the 6-year-old that lost her leg by a couple of f---ing cowards."

"I'm going to go to Boston and write some checks. I don't even know how I'm going to do it or what I'm going to do, but I'm going. I want to go. I'm going next weekend."

Anyone with information about the brothers is encouraged to call the Boston Police Department’s tip line: 1-800-494-TIPS or the bombing task force tip line at 617-223-6610. You can also email boston@ic.fbi.gov

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

tags: UFC   Dana White   Boston bombings

stonepony site profile image

4/22/13 2:56 AM by stonepony

Please don't breed, idiot.

CindyO site profile image

4/21/13 6:09 PM by CindyO

DW might have a huuuuuuge mouth sometimes but the guy has a heart of gold and does soooooooooooo much for folks that the media never finds out because he doesn't share it with them. He pays out thousands of dollars every month from his personal account- literally strokes the checks himself- to help take care of others. That doesn't include what Zuffa also does for a variety of causes. Yall would be very surprised! Never known anyone like DW:)   Cindy

8 Years 6 SherdogAccountsLater site profile image

4/21/13 4:56 PM by 8 Years 6 SherdogAccountsLater

Awesome to hear, Dana seems like a great guy

AlexanderTheGOAT site profile image

4/21/13 4:53 PM by AlexanderTheGOAT

Cool stuff Dana

torquemada site profile image

4/21/13 4:49 PM by torquemada

It's easy to shit on certain policies of Zuffa, but I love that guy.Beep.How can you hate on that sentiment? Dana does good stuff he doesn't have to...

Allen Hood site profile image

4/21/13 4:40 PM by Allen Hood

TTT

CindyO site profile image

4/21/13 4:25 PM by CindyO

He sure did!   White has been a boxing fan all his life and did some fight training as a kid, but he got serious about the sport after settling in Boston at age 17. He sought out Peter Welch, a former New England Golden Gloves champion who was training fighters at the Somerville Boxing Club, and took some amateur bouts. White was training for a Golden Gloves event in Lowell when he injured his elbow and busted up his nose. "So I started helping train other fighters," White says, "and found that I liked it." http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/news/story?id=4766500   Cindy

Lroy10 site profile image

4/21/13 4:22 PM by Lroy10

Saw this last night and thought it was awesome.  I know last night when it was brought up you said you weren't sure what you would do yet but you do feel like you need/want to do something.  If you're looking for ideas, there is a Shriners hospital for children in Boston, they help kids that have been burned and or have lost limbs, just like some of the kids you mentioned in the interview.  They do as much as they can for people like these folks everyday and ask nothing in return, they do good work, I know this first hand.  Something to consider and thank you in advance for giving a fuck and for what ever you do and who ever you do it for!

CindyO site profile image

4/21/13 4:20 PM by CindyO

The name of this gym is soooo familiar. I think DW used to train there (or taught kids there or something). I'll ask.   Cindy

Krs10KO.com site profile image

4/21/13 4:17 PM by Krs10KO.com

Very cool of Dana to go there and help support the people affected by such a senseless and heartbreaking tragedy.

MMA clothing and gear