Sonnen: Jones is great, but I'm greater

Ariel Helwani: Well Chael, from where I was standing, it sounded like the crowd was booing Jon a helluva lot more than they were booing you, what did you make of that?

Chael Sonnen: I don't ask the crowd for their approval and I don't give a damn either way.

Ariel Helwani: Did it surprise you?

Chael Sonnen: It surpised me based off proximity. I know he's a local guy. I thought he'd have a little more support out there

Ariel Helwani: When you look at this fight, what do you think is Jon Jones' greatest weakness, what's the hole in his game your going to look to expose?

Chael Sonnen: You know I think Jon Jones is great, I just know I'm greater. I think Jon's the best, but I'm better. And this is where we seperate in the octagaon tomorrow night, the better from the best. He's a tough guy, he's got a lot of skills, but so do I. He's the champion of the crappiest division in the UFC, I'm the silver medalist from the toughest division in the UFC.

UFC Ready for Battle Shirt

UFC Ready for Battle Shirt

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

tags: Chael Sonnen (detail)  Jon Jones (detail)  UFC 159   video

Dodge135 site profile image

4/28/13 12:49 AM by Dodge135

Nope.

MachidasBrew site profile image

4/27/13 9:29 AM by MachidasBrew

Yup, Chael is the definition of a workhorse. Also JBJ calling him a mental midget doesn't sound too well. VU

Jone2tone site profile image

4/27/13 9:28 AM by Jone2tone

I'd also include his allegations of Sonnen's supposed steroid use and since it was in a presser for this fight, his criticisms of Mitrione. How the hell are you going to criticize Mitrione for his comments about Fallon Fox when you, in your criticism, can't even assign a gender?!?

Outlaw'd by Lytle site profile image

4/27/13 9:17 AM by Outlaw'd by Lytle

So he has confidence in himself. Big deal. What are you expecting him to say pre fight?Also, who is painting him as a role model?

KingofBJJ site profile image

4/27/13 9:10 AM by KingofBJJ

"You know I think Jon Jones is great, I just know I'm greater"- Sonnen----------------------Well he must be talking about being an idiot. Why is this cheater and felon still being treated like he's a role model?

NugInPuss site profile image

4/26/13 11:26 PM by NugInPuss

Chael has been writing cheques his ass can't cash. He's going down.

epwar site profile image

4/26/13 11:25 PM by epwar

Can't wait for this Chael nonsense to end.

DoomFarmer site profile image

4/26/13 11:23 PM by DoomFarmer

You certainly hit the nail on the head in the 2nd part of your post.Would vote up if I could.

stonepony site profile image

4/26/13 11:16 PM by stonepony

Lost some respect for JJ this time... His talk has just come off as petulant and childish crybaby crap. He could have saved that card by taking the fight with Chael, and I can't agree with any of his criticisms of the guy. No work ethic? Weak mind? Whatever you say about Chael, those two comments don't fit.And, accusing Chael of racism is definitely evidence of a weak mind and a weak spirit. It's something stupid petty children do when they've got nothing better to offer.

X_Rated site profile image

4/26/13 10:05 PM by X_Rated

Hopefully he looks good while going down