Rockhold: Belfort 'main culprit' behind TRT

The last and final Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold appeared recently on MMAJunkie Radio to discuss his fight with Vitor Belfort at UFC on FX 8 on May 18 in Brazil.

A point of discussion was Belfort's use of Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Rockhold was asked about the recent UFC pledge to increase monitoring of TRT.

"They're letting him fight in Brazil and use TRT when Nevada doesn't let him," said Rockhold. "So who knows what's going on?"

"It pisses me off a little bit that (Brazil) is the only place that he's fighting, and I think he needs to be dealt with. I'm excited about going to Brazil. I've got a free trip. I get to get paid, and I get to kick someone's ass."

Bouts in Brazil are regulated by the Comissao Atletica Brasileira de MMA (CABMMA).

Rockhold would prefer that all Athletic Commissions follow identical guidelines. He wishes all ACs mirrored Nevada, which has gone on record as saying Belfort would be unlikely to get a Testosterone Use Exemption, as he previously tested positive for PEDs, in 2006.

"I think Nevada should be the standard for all over the world," said Rockhold. "I don't think it should vary from state to state and country to country. I think if it's OK there, it's OK everywhere, and I think there should be more testing. I think there should be testing for bout camp, beforehand and after.

"I doubt that will happen, but who knows. I'd be willing to do blood tests."

Listen to entire interview...
Read entire article...

RVCA Belfort Flag Shirt

RVCA Belfort Flag Shirt

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

The Don Dada site profile image

5/8/13 2:16 AM by The Don Dada

Wah

Haulport site profile image

5/7/13 10:41 PM by Haulport

LOL!!! That's like saying "I think the DMV should be the world standard for customer service." Hilarious stuff! Really... just awesome comedy!!!

Bipolar site profile image

5/7/13 9:14 PM by Bipolar

In that case, here's to you, my man...*Pops a Prozac. No food, no water.*

DoomFarmer site profile image

5/7/13 8:53 PM by DoomFarmer

I was sparing you, bro.I was talking bi-polar medications, not Vitor.

Bipolar site profile image

5/7/13 8:47 PM by Bipolar

Ad hominem fallacy. Kinda sad. Care to nut-up and show me where I'm wrong? I'm concerned with facts, so unless you have any, please spare me. Seroquel is for pussies. I do straight Wellbutrin; no food, no water.

PeaceThroughStrength site profile image

5/7/13 8:31 PM by PeaceThroughStrength

MMA like all sports is full of fans that indulge in hypocrisy.

DoomFarmer site profile image

5/7/13 8:30 PM by DoomFarmer

Time for your daily Lamictal/Seroquel coctail.Sleep well.

PeaceThroughStrength site profile image

5/7/13 8:27 PM by PeaceThroughStrength

Dan Henderson, Tito Ortiz,Randy Couture twice,Chuck Liddell,Alister Overeem and Sakuraba.

Bipolar site profile image

5/7/13 8:21 PM by Bipolar

We've got some dumb fuckers up in here if people don't understand that what Luke is talking about, at least in part, is the fact that so-called governing bodies in some other nations are a bit 'lax' with regard to supervision of their athletes. There have been, and still are, government sponsored/run 'chemical' cheating programs outside the U.S. Yes, indeed, Vitor looks to be in some pretty crazy shape as of late. But I'm sure it's all due to trt. It's not like the dude has ever actually cheated, er... And you've got to be some kind of asshole to badmouth a clean combat fighter who has a problem fighting opponents who are getting the benefits of extra test, hormones, etc. I guarantee whether your favorite fighters say it or not, they have the same problem with guys like Vitor. That is, if they are clean. If you're defending Vitor, a guy who is a confirmed cheater and who now gets extra hormone help precisely because of that cheating, your character is total shit.

DoomFarmer site profile image