Silva denies missing media event on purpose

On Monday UFC champion Anderson Silva apparently skipped a media event he was scheduled to attend in LA. The fighter was subsequently fined $50,000 for the UFC, but according to a report from Brazilian outlet Veja, he was unaware of the obligation and did not miss it on purpose:

“I’ve never missed any commitment to the UFC. I would never have made the trip to Brazil if I knew I had to be in Los Angeles,” said Silva. “Everyone knows that I always block my media schedule to devote myself to training, since that’s my main priority. I’m an athlete, and my focus will always be to train and be prepared for the challenges.”

translated by Sherdog.com...

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

Colboyo site profile image

5/9/13 8:18 PM by Colboyo

sofa king wee todd did

Davis gave me a Vaginal Tear site profile image

5/9/13 3:23 PM by Davis gave me a Vaginal Tear

What will happen to Franktheboxer58 first then?

crossfire site profile image

5/8/13 5:18 PM by crossfire

Are some of you fucking retarded ?

Willin site profile image

5/8/13 5:15 PM by Willin

I was thinking Anderson was supposed to show up but didn't. I think Dana probably fined him to make SOME sort of news headlines so people were aware of the tickets going on sale 3 days after the scheduled media appearance. I think it was a clever marketing salvage job by Dana and company...

Wasa-B site profile image

5/8/13 4:19 PM by Wasa-B

Anyone else think this may be manufactured to create hype for the Weidman fight since there's no Chael P in this?

UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode site profile image

5/8/13 3:58 PM by UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode

This, hespect.

UGCTT_FryedTakayama site profile image

5/8/13 3:49 PM by UGCTT_FryedTakayama

LOLVTFU!

JimmersonzGlove site profile image

5/8/13 3:46 PM by JimmersonzGlove

Why don't they just have a cardboard cut out of him and let Ed speak?

john joe site profile image

5/8/13 3:36 PM by john joe

50k to Anderson is not a lot of dough. It will piss him off coz he doesnt come from money so it all means something to him but he will get that back in no time. He could make his PPV cut worth an extra 50k with the sales generated by just two extra sentences of trash talk.i think its more of a message to those lower down the food chain, to be honest

PeaceThroughStrength site profile image

5/8/13 3:31 PM by PeaceThroughStrength

It's even more important for a fighter like Anderson Silva to be involved in the selling of the fight.I know people like to say its only what he does in the cage that matters,sadly that's not the case.Thats just one half of the business he's in.The other half is getting people to buy the fight.He is the Champion,he surpassed all the fighters he faced in the ufc,but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be held accountable for not fufilling the other half of his obligations.It's hard for me to believe that the UFC would some how forget to inform Anderson and his peopleThat they had a big media day set up in Los Angeles.I would think that they would punish the person responsible for not informing Anderson instead of a $50000 fine.

MMA clothing and gear