Hunt: I think JDS will try to take the fight to the mat

Mark Hunt: I do think he's [Junior Dos Santos] going to try to take the fight to the mat once he realizes that I have a huge arsenal.

It's the pinnacle for any fighter, to be world champion or to fight for it. The opportunity is what I've always wanted. And the opportunity is what I need. If I beat Junior Dos Santos, then yes, I will fight for the world title.

He was a world champion, but we're at the top level. I've been fighting at the top level my whole career.

At the top level I've taken on all the best fighters. I can defeat Junior Dos Santos.

MusclePharm Battle Fuel XT (160 capsules)

MusclePharm Battle Fuel XT (160 capsules)

Jaco Resurgence Fight Shorts

Jaco Resurgence Fight Shorts

GARRYD site profile image

5/16/13 5:41 PM by GARRYD

Where did i say mma boxing was the same as normal boxing ? I was just pointing out that for an mma fighter thats classed as a one dimensional striker, ,his "MMA BOXING " has not served JDS to badly has it ;)

erikmfx site profile image

5/16/13 4:42 PM by erikmfx

MMA has a different range than boxing, as well as so many other weapons to defend against that regular boxers don't have to worry about. So JDS's "boxing" is not pure boxing. Punches that are frowned upon in boxing, like the big looping overhand rights, are effective in mma because of the range difference.Fabio Maldonado was something like 25-0 in professional boxing and he's 13-4 in mma, losing his last 3.

GARRYD site profile image

5/16/13 10:45 AM by GARRYD

You missed my point mate , i was just pointing out that for an mma fighter thats classed as a one dimensional striker ,boxing has took JDS far .BTW didn't the Wredrum camp in one of the count down videos claim they found out after JDS was 20-0 as an amateur boxer ?

Swooper site profile image

5/16/13 5:01 AM by Swooper

Sapp only won the Japanese K1 not World K1, big difference.

erikmfx site profile image

5/16/13 2:02 AM by erikmfx

Dos Santos has not "boxed" outside mma, thus his true striking ability is yet to be determined. This fight will settle that since he is fighting a proven world class striker. I can't wait for this fight for so many reasons. Both these guys can hit and both these guys have chins. My money is on Hunt in 3.

GARRYD site profile image

5/14/13 6:48 PM by GARRYD

Agreed mate , K1 is not as affective as people wanna admit .

markiz site profile image

5/14/13 5:01 PM by markiz

It doesn't have to mean shit in mma. A grappler named Andre Galvao didn't quite get his career goin in mma. Does it mean he isn't a world class grappler?I don't think so.Sebastian Loeb was very far off the pace, while he was testing Formula 1 car...As for Mark Hunt, who is doing very well in mma right now - if he isn't world class with his striking - just tell me who the hell is? Make a list of heavyweight fighters who make him look like he is a whole class below in the striking game. Name them.

Unwariestpickle site profile image

5/14/13 4:39 PM by Unwariestpickle

Let's be real about "K-1 Striking."Mirko Cro Cop returned to K-1 and has 6 consecutive wins since 2012. Mirko lost 3 of his last 4 fights in the UFC by standing strikes.Overeem won the K-1 GP and layed an egg against Werdum and was just knocked out standing by Bigfoot Silva.Bob Sapp won the K-1 GP... Do i really need to go on?It's not fighter bashing man. It's true. "K-1" striking really doesn't mean shit in mma

markiz site profile image

5/14/13 4:28 PM by markiz

I don't recall too many K-1 guys being in the UFC apart from Hunt, Reem and Crocop. What you're saying is pure fighter bashing imo, because K-1 is or rather was top notch striking league, so whoever won it or stayed at the top in it for long is a world class striker. It was a cream of pure striking game.If Hunt or any other guy who managed to win that title isn't "world class" to you, then I don't know who the fuck is.

GARRYD site profile image

5/14/13 3:08 PM by GARRYD

What are you talking about ? Boxing has not done to bad for mma fighters ...it helped JDS knock people out until he won a world title ...just sayin ;)

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!