Silva: The champ will go down on the first punch I really land

Antonio Silva was defeated by Cain Velasquez in the very first round of his first shot at the UFC heavyweight championship. Velasquez was able to take Silva down quickly and worked his patented ground and and pound until the referee stoppage. Since that fight, Silva has earned two impressives wins in the division, earning himself another title fight. However, this time the Brazilian giant believes it can go differently:

"I think the main thing is in our first fight I was nervous and I was anxious," Silva said. "And I have replaced those emotions now. Now I’m calm and I’m driven. I really want this. Comparing my style of fighting to Cain’s style of fighting, I would have to be born again to become faster than Cain Velasquez. I’ve got 30 pounds on him. He’s going to be faster than me. So I need to work with what I have, and what I have is very, very heavy hands.

"So, I’m going to need to keep my hands healthy and heavy to go in there and I’m sure that the first punch that I really land, he’s going to go down."

Affliction Cain Velasquez Aztlan Shirt

Affliction Cain Velasquez Aztlan Shirt

Affliction Cain Velasquez UFC 166 Revolutionary Walkout Shirt

Affliction Cain Velasquez UFC 166 Revolutionary Walkout Shirt

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey site profile image

5/16/13 7:56 PM by Mark Hunts Pet Monkey

Damn, down voted again. I can't figure out what is so awful about anything I am posting, lol.

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey site profile image

5/16/13 7:14 PM by Mark Hunts Pet Monkey

Not sure Big Foot can defend a takedown from a high caliber wrestler. Has he ever?Kicks or no kicks, Cain will take him down, I am 99.9% certain. Pretty sure I won't be eating my words :)

twodragunns site profile image

5/16/13 6:22 PM by twodragunns

I think this fight will play out much like the first one with Cain taking Silva down and pounding him to a bloody pulp for the finish. Silva thinks he's gonna put his hands on Cains chin? Well that is easier said than done, especially when your a slow and prodding HW as Silva is, He's facing a fast, elite level wrestler / striker that has already beaten him rather handily, so I don't like Silvas chances in this second fight.

dentalninja site profile image

5/16/13 3:47 PM by dentalninja

"I'm sure that the first punch that I really land, he's going to go down." --BigfootI'm pretty sure of that too. The tricky part will be actually LANDING the punch before Cain takes him down.

Sergio88 site profile image

5/16/13 3:18 PM by Sergio88

Bigfoot won't make it past the 2nd rd with Cain, he will stand with him for few minutes take him down past his guard and work his GNP until the ref pulls Cain off of Big Foot.

MrNiceguy66 site profile image

5/16/13 1:18 PM by MrNiceguy66

Cain is too fast for Bigfoot. Take down, GNP, cut, finish...Again

mark of the wolf site profile image

5/16/13 1:01 PM by mark of the wolf

I wonder if DC and Cain have a standing bet in who's bigfoot Silva beatdown was more impressive. Cain and DC have bigfoot's number any day of the week.

hogh20 site profile image

5/16/13 12:59 PM by hogh20

Yeah, he was very impressive against Travis Browne, the one legged fighter. Amazing. Bigfoot might get bled out this time... completely.

MexiCain AmeriCain site profile image

5/16/13 12:49 PM by MexiCain AmeriCain

I agree with the poster who said this fight is going to be a replay of the Rothwell fight...

madmav site profile image

5/16/13 12:22 PM by madmav

correct me if i am wrong.. but cain/bigfoot 1 was a ufc title fight?????????????? pretty sure it was cain's first fight AFTER losing to jds..  anywho...