Caraway blasts marijuana usage

Earlier this week Brian Caraway learned that he would be $65,000 richer after Pat Healy tested positive for marijuana metabolites in his submission of the night win over Jim Miller. Caraway, who submitted Johnny Bedford on the card as well, was subsequently given the bonus and it was taken away from Healy.

Although Caraway holds no ill-will towards Healy, he also doesn't feel bad about taking his bonus:

"I couldn't be more happy, and it was an insanely pleasant surprise," said Caraway, who told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he got a call from UFC President Dana White late Tuesday night to inform him of the news.

One thing Caraway isn't feeling is guilt over taking the extra money, which he said marked the most lucrative payday of his career. Some MMA observers have offered sharp criticism of the size of Healy's garnishment relative to his crime, but Caraway, who hails from pot-legal Washington state, feels the decision is just.

"All I've got to say is that's some expensive weed," he said. "I like Healy a lot. I came up through the fighting ranks with him. We used to train together at Team Quest. I love the guy. But I have absolutely zero remorse or guilt.

"I hate weed. I cannot stand it. I've never tried it. I've never smoked a drug in my life. So I have absolutely zero tolerance for people that do it. I don't care if it's legal in some places or not. I think it's absolutely ridiculous. Whether it's legal in real life or not, they tell you to follow the rules. You need to follow the rules."

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

JAKKS Pacific Series 1 Evan Tanner Action Figure

JAKKS Pacific Series 1 Evan Tanner Action Figure

tags: Brian Caraway   UFC 159

caged conflict site profile image

5/18/13 12:40 AM by caged conflict

Hostile. Thanks for not murdering this guy like you probably should have. We have shared locker rooms and opposing corners and I can attest to the superb class of both you and your wife.

caged conflict site profile image

5/18/13 12:37 AM by caged conflict

But sucker elbowing chics in the head is ok? I guess everyone has to draw their moral lines in different places. Maybe Diaz was right on about this kid.

youarewhatiswrong site profile image

5/17/13 11:45 PM by youarewhatiswrong

I tend to think that he felt by being over the top in his reprehension of marijuana that it would maybe justify in the eyes of the fans his accepting the money that so rightfully belongs to his "friend" Pat Healy, and would make him look a little bit less of a cunt faggot bitch (sorry, forgot I can't say faggot. . . or bitch? I dunno), only to realize later that he actually ended up looking like more of a cunt faggot bitch.Threatens womens.Elbows unexpecting women competitors in the head and jokes about it with his prune faced girlfriend.Steals money from his "friend," who is a better fighter than he could ever pray to be.Good guy he is.

CH site profile image

5/17/13 10:36 PM by CH

YOLO!i seen someone once drop inside a septic tank by accident, it never happened to me but i am fairly certain i would not like iti am not sure, because perhaps the feel of shit and smell of piss in my mouth would be very nice, but my gut feeling is that it ain't.

Evilzpet site profile image

5/17/13 10:17 PM by Evilzpet

Thank you.  Drastically better analogy than the poster that tried to use rape as a paralell.  Voted up.

ss_thai site profile image

5/17/13 9:41 PM by ss_thai

HAH!

Kanabull site profile image

5/17/13 8:53 PM by Kanabull

"I hate weed. I cannot stand it. I've never tried it."That's interesting because in order to garner a "hatred" for something, you would think you would need to at least interact with it on some level?

Hostile site profile image

5/17/13 5:14 PM by Hostile

Caraway = POS

TEN10TEN site profile image

5/17/13 4:48 PM by TEN10TEN

I'm not against pot. I'm against the argument you're making. Him getting high a couple times won't suddenly give more credibility to his argument.

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!