Anderson Silva: I don't like to fight Brazilians

Anderson Silva recently sat down with Karyn Bryant for FUEL TV, who asked him how he feels when he sees the iconic image of his win over Vitor Belfort.

"I don't like to fight Braziiian guys because it is different for me. I fought with Vitor, but I didn't like it, because I trained with Vitor for a long time.

"One day vitor said 'I am going to fight UFC, I am fighting 185.'

The guys said "What???'"

So what do you think UG? The desire to avoid fighting teammates if at all possible is near universal. Is not wanting to fight a countryman, taking it too far or can Anderson Silva feel whatever he damn wants? How would you feel about an American fighter saying he would rather not fight fellow Americans?

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

tags: UFC   video   Anderson Silva (detail)

jhendo79 site profile image

5/17/13 3:41 PM by jhendo79

"he used to beat me up in the gym..." - Vitor

Ip Man 81 site profile image

5/17/13 3:40 PM by Ip Man 81

He still took the fight dude. Sure he complained a bit but still went out there and fucked shit up as usual.

Paka Ono site profile image

5/17/13 3:25 PM by Paka Ono

Anyone who is a Anderson silva fan already knows this.

CRMartin11 site profile image

5/17/13 3:24 PM by CRMartin11

Anderson is racist

ortman166 site profile image

5/17/13 3:14 PM by ortman166

Americans used to have huge loyalty, I don't really see it much anymore. I mean I'm sure there's always a good few, but they are getting less and less is all mean.

MattyJ site profile image

5/17/13 3:08 PM by MattyJ

Terrible post, that's not what he said/implied at all, Brazilians are very patriotic as a rule so it makes sense that he rather be ko'ing fools from USA/uk/Japan etc but given the topic arose from his highlight reel ko of Brazilian former training partner he's hardly refusing to fight them.

spliff site profile image

5/17/13 2:50 PM by spliff

duckin jacare

Sleazy Martinez site profile image

5/17/13 2:24 PM by Sleazy Martinez

To be honest I think it is just Anderson, Shogun and Wand were as close as brothers at one point. Wand cried tears of joy when Shogun won the Grand Prix in '05. Plus Shogun's next fight is against a Brazilian. ;-)

Pitbull3744 site profile image

5/17/13 2:15 PM by Pitbull3744

Are u shocked lol. Andy is smart and has never put himself in any real danger with his fights. Hendo and Vitor are only ones who could've been dangerous for him. Hendo was smart but him on his back round 1 and round 2 stood with the stand up goat not smart. Vitor wasn't TRT Vitor so that's that

Pitbull3744 site profile image

5/17/13 2:14 PM by Pitbull3744

That is incorrect but I think u were kidding anyway. Americans have huge loyalty but business is business and they all want that strap.