Transgender MMA fighter Fox: I’m actually at a disadvantage

Last month the MMA media was a buzz discussing the fact that a transgendered athlete, Fallon Fox, was actively competing against women in professional mixed martial arts. Fox, born a male, had sex reassignment surgery and has been competing against females despite starting her amateur career against males. Most detractors argue that her unique situation gives her an advantage against her competition, but she actual argues the opposite:

“I’m actually at a disadvantage,” Fox said on a recent edition of Inside MMA. “Before the surgery, I started on hormone replacement surgery, back in 2002, 2003.”

She continues the hormone treatments to this day.

“I have to. If I don’t take estrogen hormone replacement therapy, I can get osteoporosis,” she continued. “So any of the women I’m competing against, my testosterone levels are drastically lower than theirs; it’s almost nothing.”

Dr. Marci Bowers, a gender reassignment surgeon who has also undergone the procedure, concurred.

“If you measure (Fox’s) endurance and her strength, it’s actually that of a comparable woman of the same age,” Bowers told Inside MMA. “What happens is after surgery patients actually regress in that their bone density drops to what a comparable woman of her size would be.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

Hayabusa Fade Flip Flop

Hayabusa Fade Flip Flop

tags: Fallon Fox

choadler site profile image

5/25/13 8:46 PM by choadler

Because he's actually a she, can I call the shim a cunt? Is that appropriate?I could care less about gay/les/transgender issues, but this is my only exception. It looked like a guy beating up a girl last night.

Luke Cuckhold site profile image

5/25/13 3:50 PM by Luke Cuckhold

Just watched the fight, Fallon fox sucks.. Nothing impressed me about that dude..

FinestScotch site profile image

5/22/13 6:27 PM by FinestScotch

Hahaha was being sarcastic... your first post was pretty blunt. I agree, though.

pegson123 site profile image

5/22/13 10:57 AM by pegson123

Fallons big intake of Estrogen would actually be maintaining her man bones.

SKARHEAD site profile image

5/22/13 10:30 AM by SKARHEAD

Trannies should ONLY fight OTHER TRANNIES.Problem solved/

6ULDV8 site profile image

5/22/13 10:27 AM by 6ULDV8

Is there a betting line on this fight?  Will there be?

Entreri site profile image

5/22/13 10:22 AM by Entreri

The guy is crazy. Plus what man would ever want to "become" a woman? We men have so many advantages: strength, size, stamina, no periods, can't get pregnant...Seriously.

CHiLLEN site profile image

5/22/13 10:01 AM by CHiLLEN

Voted up lmao.

Domenico site profile image

5/22/13 9:45 AM by Domenico

So if a dude gets some tits and cuts his dick off and whatever pills etc do they generally then go get a boyfriend? or a girlfriend? Cause either way if the guy fucks a guy he is gay and if he rubs his plastipussy against a real pussy then he's sort of gay too, either way

flipmode site profile image

5/22/13 9:39 AM by flipmode

So... Overeem having 'dangerously low' testosterone and Chael, Vitor, Dan Henderson, Rampage, Frank Mir who are all on TRT for having low testosterone.... it is now fair for them to fight girls? Has anybody told Chael? Can he make 135 and call out Ronda?

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!