Barnett: I’m a little bit of a MMA slut

In was recently announced that Josh Barnett had indeed come to terms with the UFC and would make his debut against Frank Mir at UFC 164. Barnett was a guest on Inside MMA last night and talked about the match up with Mir:

“What can I say? I’m a little bit of a MMA slut,” joked Barnett in an interview with Inside MMA. “I think with today’s MMA landscape, the things I’ve been up to, the way the UFC is going to try and build the heavyweight division to epic status…it just sorta fit.”

When asked about preparing to face Mir, who has been critical of Barnett’s success and overall abilities in past interviews, “The Warmaster” maintained his sense of humor rather than show too much concern for the clash.

“I don’t think we’re really gonna have an imitator for Frank Mir,” said Barnett of his camp. “I just think that with that giant back-piece tattoo it would be hard to try and find somebody to fill in.”

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

Roots of Fight Gracie vs Kimura Shirt

Roots of Fight Gracie vs Kimura Shirt

tags: Josh Barnett (detail)

armbarring site profile image

6/4/13 7:24 PM by armbarring

Watch out Josh. Slut might be offensive to whores.

hogh20 site profile image

6/4/13 7:10 PM by hogh20

Yes, Barnett has demonstrated that kind of power... Never. Is your brain functioning?

BTT-RyannVonDoom site profile image

6/4/13 12:40 PM by BTT-RyannVonDoom

Continue to pound mir's head ala carwin.

e. kaye site profile image

6/4/13 12:39 PM by e. kaye

Barnett is better on the ground than Mir.

hogh20 site profile image

6/4/13 12:22 PM by hogh20

An unconscious Mir still managed to sub Big Nog. What makes you think Barnett can do what Nog didn't? What has Barnett done lately to make you think he will finish Mir?

BTT-RyannVonDoom site profile image

6/4/13 12:15 PM by BTT-RyannVonDoom

Mir is the poorman's barnett. He fought the same competition that josh did far after their primes and gets praise for it.. Lol mir was out on his feet against nog, josh would finish him.

hogh20 site profile image

6/4/13 12:01 PM by hogh20

So now a hard straight right jab from Junior Dos Santos is comparable to a stiff breeze? And Big Nog caught him with one, the same Nog who has been boxing for ever longer than he has been in MMA. I doubt Barnett will hurt him with boxing. I predict Mir, and fairly easily. I just think he is stronger in every aspect.

M Wood site profile image

6/4/13 1:37 AM by M Wood

I think Mir is in the best shape of his career. My prediction is if Barnett doesn't catch Mir w a punch early and finish it, it will go to the ground and Mir will tap him. Probably in the 2nd.

irishrottie site profile image

6/3/13 11:26 PM by irishrottie

Mir has been getting rocked by a stiff breeze lately....I dont think it will be competitive

HELWIG site profile image

6/3/13 11:22 PM by HELWIG

Woulda been awesome to see like 5 years ago. I woulda given it to Barnett. Now it may favor Mir slightly or dead even. The conditioning and mental game go to Barnett imo. Striking is close but Mir has been hurting people with 1 punch. Neither are major takedown hounds. The ground battle will be epic. Mir is stronger and more vicious with his catches. But Barnett has very unorthodox shit in his arsenal.