Swanson: I'm the biggest threat to Aldo

Cub Swanson lost his first featherweight title fight, albeit in the WEC, to champion Jose Aldo in eight seconds. However, Swanson has since 6-2 in his last eight, is riding a 4-fight win streak and if you ask him, is still the biggest threat to Aldo's title:

“It gets brought up to me all the time,” Swanson told ESPN.com. “People won’t let me forget it. I’ve heard it a million times.

“I wish they were clever about it. So much time has passed that I would laugh about it, but people are so lame. I’ll be like [on Twitter], ‘I went to the store today and this happened,’ -- something funny. Then somebody will go, ‘Like the time you got kneed in the face in eight seconds?’ It’s like, ‘Yeah, buddy. Exactly.’”

“In my mind, I’m always one win away from a title,” Swanson said. “If I fight that fight that makes everybody go, ‘Wow, he’s unstoppable,’ -- that’s all I can do.

“I think I do pose the biggest threat to Aldo. I feel like my boxing is better than his. He’s a kick boxer, with devastating kicks. Neither one of us cares to take it to the ground. I feel with my unpredictability and my boxing, I pose a big threat to him.”

Venum Joseå© Aldo UFC 163 Corra Fight Shorts

Venum Joseå© Aldo UFC 163 Corra Fight Shorts

Venum Team Aldo Shirt

Venum Team Aldo Shirt

idsmashit site profile image

7/2/13 4:56 PM by idsmashit

has siver got a chance hes decent odds?

KingNeptune site profile image

7/2/13 4:38 PM by KingNeptune

Lamas doesn't bring anything special to an Aldo fight. I know Cub personally, and he will be a champion, since working with the Diaz brothers his hands and confidence has exploded. He has what it takes to beat Aldo, no fear.

Willy the Coyote site profile image

7/2/13 4:07 PM by Willy the Coyote

TKZ is not a threat. I'll even sn bet that he loses in the first round.

GodSaveTheReem site profile image

7/2/13 4:05 PM by GodSaveTheReem

TKZ put hominick away in 11 seconds...anyone that can do that is a threat

GSPeed In My Weed site profile image

7/2/13 3:11 PM by GSPeed In My Weed

I just threw up

stevekt site profile image

7/2/13 2:58 PM by stevekt

Do not question UG Blog.

OnlyTheStrongSurvive site profile image

7/2/13 2:47 PM by OnlyTheStrongSurvive

He's quite a bit bigger now so cutting weight and has to pace himself a bit. It's also not quite as easy to blitz everyone when he got to title fight level competition. I'd like to see him at lightweight, I think not cutting as much weight would be good for him.

Jetster site profile image

7/2/13 2:21 PM by Jetster

he has improved and much better but he ain't beating aldo....Now showtime was gonna beat aldo but not cubby

Zed Wayne Zed site profile image

7/2/13 1:34 PM by Zed Wayne Zed

People change.Fighter change.Swanson has converted me.His hands and game are MUCH better than the WEC version.I think he is motivated and still very angry that Aldo embarrassed him so easily.He wants another crack, and to me, he keeps winning, he deserves it.Also, showing gifs from years of ago of a sport where one wrong move is it, especially against a killer like Aldo, means nothing.

tdunning site profile image

7/2/13 12:13 PM by tdunning

I seem to recall Hominick finishing that fight with a second head growing out of his skullI don't recall any of Aldo's wins being controversial at all. In the fight with Frankie, I remember thinking "I hope Aldo doesn't get screwed by the judges"