Hendricks: GSP's just holding onto my belt

At the UFC 162 post-fight press conferece UFC President Dana White made official that Georges St-Pierre will defend his title next against Johnny Hendricks. Hendricks has been vocal in the media promoting the fight already and is as confident as ever going into the bout:

“You train, you do everything, you’ve done everything that you could and to know that your boss believes in you that you can beat Georges St-Pierre means everything. That’s just confidence that you can shock the world,” Hendricks said. “The only difference is Georges won’t have his hands down. I want to knock him out, but I want his hands to be up. I want to punch people’s hands and I wanna lay him out the right way.”

From the tale of the tape Hendricks and his training staff have analyzed in advance of fighting GSP, he’s prepared for the wrestling and jabs he knows are coming. But the hardest part for Hendricks, in his own words, is being able to stop it.

On the flipside, “Bigg Rigg” claims to have more power than he’s ever revealed inside the Octagon which he plans to unleash against the champ.

“The only people who know my true power are people that I’ve wrestled and that’s about it. That’s what I’m excited to bring out is that kind of intensity, that kind of power that I haven’t shown the world yet, and I plan to do that in November.”

“That’s the hardest part is stepping in against a guy who’s had the belt since forever ago. The most important thing is that I believe that’s my belt. He’s just holding onto it for me.”

Hayabusa Limited Edition Georges St. Pierre 16oz Gloves

Hayabusa Limited Edition Georges St. Pierre 16oz Gloves

Affliction GSP Royal Guard UFC 167 Walkout Shirt

Affliction GSP Royal Guard UFC 167 Walkout Shirt

Stephen Holder site profile image

7/11/13 8:37 PM by Stephen Holder

As a huge Silva fan, the Anderson KO has made me somewhat dissapointed in Silva but I know he will destroy Weidman in their rematch bout. I went from being 100% confident that Hendricks will KO Georges to 150% that Johnny might actually bring something GSP isn't prepared for (even though Hendricks resembles a dirty little Amish man.) I still have Hendricks in this fight and Weidman made this fight a lot more interesting for me.

OnlyTheStrongSurvive site profile image

7/11/13 8:36 PM by OnlyTheStrongSurvive

If GSP was Goku he'd never shut up about Anderson Silva

GROUNDnLB site profile image

7/11/13 8:31 PM by GROUNDnLB

I'm Canadian, so you know who I usually root for, but I have to say this:1) Hendricks goes balls to the wall in attacking, something a heavy handed wrestler (koscheck) did not do2) condits chin of steel got him out of the first round with johny. If gsp got hit with those shots, I believe he would have been done

WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U site profile image

7/11/13 8:28 PM by WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U

is fighty, is normal

Chris's Weidman in Tom O'Butthole site profile image

7/11/13 8:22 PM by Chris's Weidman in Tom O'Butthole

Hendricks is not only going to win, he is going to be the first to put gsp to sleep.

QueenCityLurker site profile image

7/11/13 8:14 PM by QueenCityLurker

GSP via decision. Seriously. Fuck all you tards who think:1) GSP will finish2) Hendricks will win

Entreri site profile image

7/11/13 7:57 PM by Entreri

Yes, GSP is past his prime, looked slow and weak against Diaz.Hendricks definitely has a chance. Can't wait to see this fight.

Chris's Weidman in Tom O'Butthole site profile image

7/11/13 7:54 PM by Chris's Weidman in Tom O'Butthole

Johny's gonna take St. Pierres soul and bring the belt back to Texas.

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh site profile image

7/11/13 6:37 PM by ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh

GSP is definitely past his prime, I'll say that much.Despite that, Hendricks is yet another welterweight that he'll put away. The dude just keeps doing it. There's nobody at welterweight that can beat him - only himself. And lol at Johny's comment. When people think of "UFC welterweight title", they think of GSP, then Matt Hughes. It's Georges' belt.

ChaosOverkill site profile image

7/11/13 6:31 PM by ChaosOverkill

This, stop shitting yourself with jealousy MMALOGIC

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!