Hendricks accepts GSP VADA challenge, fears positive test for wild hog

Elite sports worldwide have a Performance Enhancing Drug issue, and mixed martial arts is no exception. MMA in North America is run by government State, Provincial, Tribal, and Municipal athletic commissions which conduct a large amount of drug testing, but some fighters want even more.

UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre says he is will subscribe to Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA) drug testing in order to send a message to fellow athletes that you do not need drugs in order to be the best.

“I believe the sport has a problem now,” St-Pierre told Showdown Joe Ferraro."

“When I first started fighting in mixed martial arts, it didn’t have any money. So, now more money got involved, more ways are there to be cheating to take a shortcut and I believe VADA testing I’m up for it and I invite my opponent to do the VADA testing for the championship fight.”

“I invite if possible all the high-profile athletes in the UFC to do the same. I believe it’s a good thing. It’s a bit of a pain in the butt sometimes but I believe to make the sport (better) … I’m ready to do it to set a good example.”

For his part Hendricks is more than game, but offered a warning.

"Heck ya," said Hendricks in an interview with UFC Central Radio on Sportsnet 590 The Fan. "The worst thing that they're going to find is a little bit of protein in my diet. If eating wild hogs and organic deer meat and a little bit of glutamine is bad for the ol' system, then I might fail."

Read entire article...

Affliction GSP Team St. Pierre Shirt

Affliction GSP Team St. Pierre Shirt

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

tags: UFC   GSP   Georges St-Pierre (detail)  Johnny Hendricks

Colboyo site profile image

7/13/13 1:56 PM by Colboyo

DFW reaction at 2:12 post fight scrumhttp://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/7/4500496/dana-white-ufc-162-post-fight-scrum-video

TeamRenzo4Life site profile image

7/12/13 9:04 PM by TeamRenzo4Life

GSP the only serious GOAT contender? Dude in his last eight fights he's had seven decisions. To even suggest he's among the GOAT is laughable. Let's see him put a few stoppages together before having that conversation.

TeamRenzo4Life site profile image

7/12/13 7:19 PM by TeamRenzo4Life

Newsflash: At that level all fighters juice. If they aren't, they're not in the top 10.

CanadianGSPFan site profile image

7/11/13 11:27 PM by CanadianGSPFan

Yeah, dawg. Do you speak English?

Doem site profile image

7/11/13 9:33 PM by Doem

Lol

Colboyo site profile image

7/11/13 9:11 PM by Colboyo

asshat?

CanadianGSPFan site profile image

7/11/13 8:42 PM by CanadianGSPFan

You'll be +1 when I get to my computer, I promise you. I'm also sending a link of this thread to RickStorm, a senior moderator/administrator on this forum.Enjoy your freeze/ban for fighter bashing, asshat.

jcblass site profile image

7/11/13 8:40 PM by jcblass

These athletes like Lance Armstrong, and arguably others....(without naming names) know exactly how to get around these "tests" this is why they are always so eager to take them or point to instances where they have passed them..It has become meaningless at this point. I think people are bright enough too look at certain fighters and realize very quickly who does and does not use PEDs

Colboyo site profile image

7/11/13 8:38 PM by Colboyo

GSP choose the time and place for VADA testing, maybe he already cycled off and suspects Hendricks hasn't yet. Hate me all you want I'm at +2 bitches