Masvidal: Fighting Chiesa is just like giving me money

Jorge Masvidal is exciting heading into his UFC on FOX 8 versus Michael Chiesa. Although Chiesa won the Ultimate Fighter Live season, Masvidal doesn't seem worried about his opponent in the least:

"There's nothing nowhere that impresses me about him," Masvidal said. "He's like a watered-down Royce Gracie. I don't see anything on this guy."

"I'm excited about getting a W against anybody at lightweight, but especially against this guy. They're giving me money at this point."

Venum Sharp Corra Fight Shorts

Venum Sharp Corra Fight Shorts

Venum Light 2.0 Fight Shorts

Venum Light 2.0 Fight Shorts

willienugget site profile image

7/17/13 6:04 PM by willienugget

Nate and Nick train hard. This dude eats icecream and plays Call of Duty.

GoatBallerina_331 site profile image

7/17/13 6:03 PM by GoatBallerina_331

There is a 125lb class...

InYoMommaCloset site profile image

7/17/13 5:54 PM by InYoMommaCloset

BTW - I've recently become a huge fan of this guy from watching "Miami Hustle".If you guys haven't seen it, Genghis Con just released them (took them off private) on his youtube page.Definitely check them out.I also wanna see the UFC introduce a 125lb weight class just so Alexis Vila can get signed to them.

InYoMommaCloset site profile image

7/17/13 5:52 PM by InYoMommaCloset

I actually enjoyed that Tim Means fight.Means is a vicious SOB.I thought Masvidal could had opened up more with the boxing, especially to the body, before going for the take downs, but I really enjoyed that fight.I'd like to see Jorge stick around the UFC for a long time and enjoy his fights so I think this is a good progressive match made for him, instead of throwing him into the deep end of the 155lb pool.

TX_432 site profile image

7/17/13 5:39 PM by TX_432

Is this guy a lost Diaz brother?

SQUEEZIE site profile image

7/17/13 5:18 PM by SQUEEZIE

i like mike,but i concur...prob wouldnt have said it like that though.we shall see.

Dumbass JoeMimic site profile image

7/17/13 5:03 PM by Dumbass JoeMimic

A lackluster fight with Tim Means will do that. I wish Jorge wouldn't have opened up his mouth but oh well.

HereticMMA site profile image

7/17/13 5:02 PM by HereticMMA

Chiesa impressed my against Kuivanen. I wouldn't underestimate this guy.

3rdLion site profile image

7/17/13 4:48 PM by 3rdLion

Chiesa is a good guy, I hope he can pull off an upset

Zed Wayne Zed site profile image

7/17/13 2:56 PM by Zed Wayne Zed

These quotes always end in a "HA-HA! .GIF" and a bloodied face of the person who made the quote.Jorge, there's guys ranked above you that would say the same thing about you.