Jose Aldo: Fedor is the GOAT, I'm #5

"Man, I think we all have a list," said UFC Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo in an interview with Brazil's Esporte Interativo. "The number one for me is Fedor Emelianenko. I'm a big fan, the guy is so amazing."

"In second I put Royce, then Chuck Liddell, Anderson Silva, and then there's me."

Jose Aldo's GOAT list
1. Fedor
2. Royce
3. Chuck
4. Anderson Silva
5. Me

What is your top 5?

UFC Pride Bushido Shirt

UFC Pride Bushido Shirt

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

tags: UFC   Jose Aldo (detail)  Fedor Emelianenko   video

Wasa-B site profile image

7/20/13 2:03 PM by Wasa-B

Love Aldo and people have to take into account his entire record, winning streak and title defenses incl the WEC title but he still has 3/4 decisions in the UFC (or last 4 fights) and the Frankie fight was closer than any of the other bests have had lately. Take Jones on the other hand, he has been blowing everyone out the water.

rnunz site profile image

7/20/13 2:00 PM by rnunz

Aldo oviously stopped watching MMA in 2006

MrColdCock site profile image

7/20/13 10:21 AM by MrColdCock

^ out of prime Royce was 39 with three fights in six years."Out of prime Hughes" was 32, the UFC champ and had won 17 of his last 18 fights.I don't think Royce ever wins that fight, but the Royce that beat Yoshida or went to war with Sakuraba puts on a much better fight.I'm just sticking up for Royce here as he clearly is up there as the most legendary fighters in the sport. GOAT to me is not the best fighter ever, but the most legendary fighter ever.Maybe not 2, but he makes my top 10 for sure.Now that I typed this up on my phone LOL, I remember Aldo's list looking more like a "best" fighters ever... So .... There's that.

Entreri site profile image

7/20/13 8:44 AM by Entreri

Royce certainly not on the list. He dominated guys due to their lack of knowledge in submissions. Out of prime Hughes destroyed out of prime Royce. If we were to put Hughes prime against Royce prime, UFC 1 similar outcome. GSP is much better than Hughes. UFC fans really love Chuck, while he is one of the best ever, he does not make it to the top 5. He got beat decisively Rampage twice. Both Jones and Shogun are certainly both better than Chuck ever was. I would have love to see prime W.Silva vs. prime Chuck. Chuck dominated the lesser of the LHW divisions (Pride HW, LHW and even MW was better than the UFC's)

SquishyCheeks site profile image

7/20/13 4:31 AM by SquishyCheeks

1. Fedor2. Royce3. Everyone elseSeriously?... Royce was great, but, he was a 1st gen MMA fighter. He won the first UFC tournament, with less striking ability than ANYBODY you can point to in even amateur MMA today. He dominated, because nobody knew anything about JJ. Hell even the Refs didn't know anything about it. I remember him choking somebody out, and I think it was Big John reffing. The guy was tapping, and tapping, and tapping like crazy. And Big John didn't stop it, because he didn't know what the tap meant.

D v site profile image

7/20/13 3:10 AM by D v

The future goats will be aldo then Jones they look unbeatable atm

Jons Forsberg site profile image

7/20/13 2:55 AM by Jons Forsberg

1. Fyodor2. Wand, Anderson, Nog, Jones, Igor, Hendo, Royce, Sakuraba.

JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick site profile image