Cesar Gracie: We're going to see Anderson Silva start to lose fights

Cesar Gracie recently appeared on BJPenn Radio last week, for a wide-ranging discussion, that included Anderson Silva and Ronda Rousey.

There has never been a fight in memory that generated as much talk as Anderson Silva losing to Chris Weidman, and Gracie says Silva will lose again.

“I really think it’s like a passing of the torch," said Cesar. "I really do. Weidman is a really tough guy. He’s got all kinds of skills. Good jiu-jitsu guy, credible wrestler, and hits really hard.”

“[Silva] doesn’t have the chin he use to. He thinks he can get away with the games he played, but you get an aggressive guy on him that’s going to hit him hard, he’s gonna go down, and that’s what happened.”

“It is possible for him to win this rematch, but all-in-all we’re gonna see him start to lose fights I think, and start to be a lot more human than he has been in the past.”

Gracie also had interesting insight into Ronda Rousey, who has trained at his academy in the past.

“Ronda was, honestly, one of the first females that I have seen in my life that can tap-out guys," said Cesar. "And I’m talking about good guys. She’s that explosive, she’s that good. And her commitment, being an Olympic-level athlete and everything, the way she just does stuff. She taps out really good guys. She definitely showed me that women can not only be exciting in fights with other women, but also that they can compete with the guys even.”

“Women like that kind of said, ‘ok, these girls belong here.’”

Cesar was asked if he expects the outcome to be the same in the Miesha Tate rematch, following the latest seasin of TUF.

“I think for Meisha to stop something like that she would have to just train with some seriously world class men who are arm-bar specialists and for her to not get caught up in that," said Cesar. "The thing with Ronda, believe it or not, her standup has gotten a lot better also. She’s sparring a lot. She’s put that dedication, the same dedication that she had for the grappling part, and she’s putting that into her standup game. And so she’s actually doing pretty well. I’ve seen her sparring with people and she’s come a long way. So she’s going to have more than that threat coming into this fight.”

“What I don’t want to see is Meisha have her arm torn off again. I just don’t want to see that. I want to see a ref that doesn’t allow that to happen because people don’t understand; you can lose your arm with an injury like that... Could you imagine what that would do to a sport?”

“There’s definitely things that Ronda has done incorrectly in the past and that’s giving her back up a couple times, but I’m sure she’s going to address that and get a little better.”

“I’m kind of seeing that fight as going Ronda’s way again.”

What do you think UG? Is Silva going to be human going forward? And how good a guy can Ronda tap out?

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

rjhartman site profile image

7/26/13 12:15 AM by rjhartman

Is this the same "Gracie" that's given such great advice to the Diaz brothers all these years?

Filo_Beto site profile image

7/25/13 11:03 AM by Filo_Beto

For once I can agree with Cesare.

UGCTT_AndersonTheGOAT site profile image

7/24/13 10:03 PM by UGCTT_AndersonTheGOAT

Silva fanboy > fucktard sn & personI was stating my opinion douche bag. Im no fucking fanboy. I admire Silva and appreciate what he's done in mma. So take your disrespectful muddy ass somewhere else....

Nucky site profile image

7/24/13 9:43 PM by Nucky

Silva is gonna tool weidman in the rematch then people are gonna start saying how Anderson took a dive in the first fight.

Entreri site profile image

7/24/13 9:43 PM by Entreri

If Silva was that eager to fight GSP, should have moved to 170.

Poptarts site profile image

7/24/13 9:42 PM by Poptarts

Also Bonnar was a joke of an opponent, all excuses aside. That's why they said MW was shit and now say it's amazing, it has little to do with Silva...Wake up fanboy.

Poptarts site profile image

7/24/13 9:40 PM by Poptarts

No...Anderson was dominating the division while it was rather stagnant, his level of competition was not overly impressive you know?While I think his wins over Chael, Okami and Franklin deserve more credit than he's gotten for them and Hendo & Vitor clearly being a huge win it's hard to argue Marquardt, Cote, Leites, Maia, Forrest, ( the other LHW can't remember the guys name), Lutter....Were some shitty opponents for the best champion ever....I mean, the MW division has exploded this last year a big thanks to Strikforce merger too...Look at all the great additions. Rockhold, Kennedy, Jacare, Cung Le, Lorenz Larkin, Roger Gracie and maybe I am still forgetting a few guys. A long with guys like Weidman rising up, Mousasi coming back down, Vitor finding steroids again I mean....The division is on fire baby, it used to be a mud-hole. LHW is a mud-hole an was before Jones came along too. So the " you only say that cause he's a great champion " is bullshittery.

xXJayRobXx site profile image

7/24/13 9:17 PM by xXJayRobXx

Cesar needs to spend more time managing his delinquents an less time talking about the goat.

Jons Forsberg site profile image

7/24/13 8:41 PM by Jons Forsberg

yes, wishful thinking, he was coming up with bullshit excuses for years to avoid fighting him. With the superfight more distant there's a huge weight off his back.

Entreri site profile image

7/24/13 8:33 PM by Entreri

Oh yes, wishful thinking. I suppose that goes for other fighters as well.