Daley: Dana, help me feed my son

In March of 2010 at UFC 113 Josh Koscheck smothered English striker Paul Daley for three straight rounsd. At the close of the bout, a frustrated 'Semtex' lost it:

He was summarily fired for the foul by UFC President Dana White.

18 months later White opened the window a crack for a return.

"The Strikeforce-Showtime deal isn't done yet," White said in November of 2011. "We'll see what happens with that first. I just have a hard time with what Daley did."

"It's not like Daley's been so friendly since that happened, either. Plus, he hasn't won. The guy's got to win some fights.

"Any guy who loses in the UFC or other promotions, you lose, and you go get some wins somewhere else and come back."

"I'm not a fan, to be honest. You know that."

Daley has won four straight, but, following some legal trouble, Daley has been unconditionally released by Bellator, and once again expressed an interest in a return to the UFC, via Facebook.

Paul 'semtex' Daley
•Dana white "Paul Daley does not wanna be in the UFC"? Given the opportunity Dana , I would be right back in there, please just send me that contract.
•Dana questioned about me again, Ariel saying he's gonna get in touch with me, as we rally for a UFC return. Weather it happens or not, it's kinda cool, that my recent performances and attitude has caught the attention of the big dogs, despite being on smaller shows.
•Got an interview with Ariel Helwani tomorrow, seems talk of a UFC come back has gathered pace. Very important interview, as good a speaking with Dana himself.....oohh what to say?...Kinda nervous now....UFC Manchester? Diaz re-match, Sorry, I've grown up, I make weight...I've got a little son now...please help me feed him...

White was underwhelmed at the prospect.

"I thought he hated this place," said White on Saturday in response to a question about whether he was interested in Daley. "I don't know, man. I don't think so."

"I heard he couldn't get a visa. And they're real strict here now on visas. I thought he hated the UFC and said he'd never want to come back here and never wanted to fight here again. What changed?"

What do you think UG? Do you want to see Semtex back in the Octagon? And do you think you will?

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

tags: UFC   Paul Daley (detail)  Dana White

David@accu site profile image

7/31/13 6:46 AM by David@accu

Too fucking bad. Daley should have thought about that before he decided to punch Koz post fight because he wasn't getting his way. If I was Dana the only way I would pay him money for a kid is if he was paid to get rid of the kid in fear of it growing up like his dad. Now suddenly kids are important? Didn't think much about the message he was sending to kids, trying to punch out an opponent post fight because he lost. What happens if Kos had a kid? What happens if that punch connected and seriously injured Kos to where he couldn't feed his kid. What then? Dana's job shouldn't be caring more about an employee's job more than the employee does. Simple business decision and I think Dana made the right call and continues to by keeping Daley away. Daley caused a black eye to the sport I love and made anyone whoever fought ammy or pro look like a neanderthal.

RollHighAllDay site profile image

7/30/13 10:02 PM by RollHighAllDay

I would watch him. He was involved in one of my favourite fights when he fought Diaz. I don't blame for wanting to hit koscheck either. I say let him fight.

Chromium site profile image

7/30/13 9:49 PM by Chromium

Daley is a prick. That being said, being a fight promoter, you don't have to like people to promote them. Daley has obvious talent and is an exciting fighter. I say sign him for now and then keep him if he can get a work visa. If he can't get one for now, give him a prelim bout on the Manchester card against someone on the verge of being cut like say, David Mitchell. This way, it will still come down whether Daley can get a work visa after that, since if he wins, he won't have beaten anyone who is sticking around themselves (barring some FOTY contender). Meanwhile Daley gets an opportunity and a pay day and the UFC gets a modest boost to their Manchester card, in a market that needs all the help it can get.

wasssp site profile image

7/30/13 9:45 PM by wasssp

I've only bought 11 or 12 ufc ppv's personally, but I would buy any ppv w/ Semtex vs. any1 but Jake Shields. And only because putting him against Shields would be a clear attempt to sabotage cuz.

UGCTT_WarHunt site profile image

7/30/13 9:31 PM by UGCTT_WarHunt

DO WANT!...nuts in me mouth. leprechaun!

AttentionDeficitDizzle site profile image

7/30/13 9:01 PM by AttentionDeficitDizzle

Paul tried to do the most chicken shit thing a person can do, which is sucker punch someone else. If I was Dana, I would tell Paul there's no chance in hell.  It's not Dana's responsibility to give out charity to feed Paul's son, and that's low using his kid as a bargaining chip. That kid is Paul's responsibility, and his alone.  If he isn't happy with his income as a fighter being out of the UFC, then go to college and build a secure future for you kid.  I don't get why he should be rewarded with a contract. He's a grown man and his behavior was inexcusable.  The UFC doesn't need him.

BigSleep site profile image

7/30/13 7:43 PM by BigSleep

Daley went from calling us losers and haters on the UG to begging for his job back. Seems like a great guy.

ssj site profile image

7/30/13 7:32 PM by ssj

read the thread retard

Trifive site profile image

7/30/13 5:02 PM by Trifive

Daley who?

Mojo514 site profile image

7/30/13 4:28 PM by Mojo514

i always liked Daley, obviously wat he did to Koscheck wasnt right even tho i dislike Koscheck, he's grown up since then n he's an awesome fighter, give him another chance Dana! he wont b the first who had a second chance

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!