Silva still hoping for super fights with Jones, St-Pierre

Prior to his matchup at UFC 162 with Chris Weidman, Anderson Silva was expected to have at least one super fight, hopefully two: one with Jon Jones and another with Georges St-Pierre. However, that was predicated on defeating Chris Weidman, which we all know did not end being the case.

Silva though still believes super fights can happen for him, although he does remain focused on his rematch with Weidman:

"I really wanted this fight to happen," Anderson Silva said during a radio interview to "Panico", on Friday, about facing GSP. "He’s a guy that plays by the rules, doesn’t take too many risks. That fight may happen, or maybe not. He said he doesn’t want it, I don’t know. I’ll train and remain focused to fight (Weidman) on Dec. 28."

"He’s like that (Ayrton) Senna’s rival. They used to compete at the same time and one of them was technical and the other played by the rules. (GSP) is the UFC’s Alain Prost," Silva added, comparing himself to Brazilian racing driver Senna, who won three Formula One world championships.

After Anderson’s loss to Weidman on July 6, UFC president Dana White said the superfights including the Brazilian, GSP and Jones were gone, once that Silva "was the link to both of them."

"I hope it happens," Anderson Silva told Combate.com about the possibility of facing light heavyweight champion Jon Jones in the future. "That’s the fight everybody is waiting for."

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal site profile image

8/7/13 10:10 AM by Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

Lol. Ip man is such a fucking troll.

Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal site profile image

8/7/13 10:09 AM by Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

Jones will probably happen.Gsp? Lolol. Gsp wanted no part of that ever before. What makes you think he would even consider it now that he has an excuse? Again gsp never would and never will fight Anderson. Fact.

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman site profile image

8/7/13 9:04 AM by UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

What about it is false?The week of the Wiedman fight he saud he wanted the fight in numerous interviews, and didnt have any stipulatuons for 1/2 the UFC nor a catchweight. You just dont like the truth because your hero GSP still wants nothing to do with the superfight. So derps like you and John Forstard will cling to the old quotes and ignore the recent ones...

Anderson P Sonnen site profile image

8/7/13 2:24 AM by Anderson P Sonnen

I can tell Silva is ready to give it up. He wanted to go out on these fights for two reasons.1. Anderson Silva money2. To give the fans what they have been wanting.As a fan of MMA, I would love to see these fights. As a fan of AS, I really hope to see him do what's right for himself and not anyone else.

UGCTT_AndersonTheGOAT site profile image

8/7/13 2:19 AM by UGCTT_AndersonTheGOAT

UGCTT_AndersonTheGOAT site profile image

8/6/13 2:12 PM by UGCTT_AndersonTheGOAT

Dont get me wrong...Silva is, and has been my fav for many years. Im not dogging him at all. But he is 38....And its hard for me to imagine him doing the things he use to do, as great as he once did them. Weidman is a good fighter. But I dont think he's better than Hendo was when he fought Silva. I am of the opinion that everything that could've caught up with Silva finally did. Not so much his age, but mostly the pressure of it all. He had to come out fight after fight and try to be better than he was in the previous fight. He had to live up to his GOAT status....I just think a loss like that was inevitable. Now, I hope he comes back stronger and with a more clear head than ever. I hope he's aggressive and takes the fight to Chris. I want to see his hand raised and see that gold where it belongs. Everybody gets caught. Cain is a prime example. Its what a fighter does afterwards that matters most. WAR SILVA!

KingofBJJ site profile image

8/6/13 1:17 PM by KingofBJJ

Go out and destroy Weidman in the first round and no will remember that you lost to him.

Ip Man 81 site profile image

8/6/13 10:58 AM by Ip Man 81

He got caught. It's not like he had a bad performance.And it's no secret, most people know Weidman was the perfect fighter to beat Silva, now or 5 years ago.

da Vinci 81 site profile image

8/6/13 10:55 AM by da Vinci 81

"Sonce the days before the Wiedman fight Anderson has been crystal clear he wants to fight Jones, and has jot put any posturing type restrictions on it"lol, are you really going to start with this bullshit again?

LucasBTiger site profile image

8/6/13 10:23 AM by LucasBTiger

...Sayeth the Weidman fan.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!