Ortiz: I am the million dollar man

Following his July 2012 loss to Foffest Griffin, Tito Ortiz announced his retirement from the sport of MMA. Fast foward a year and now out from under any contract with the UFC, Ortiz will return to fight again, this time in Bellator. So what's different now? At least according to Ortiz, it's his health:

“My last surgery was 12 weeks ago. I had an ACL replacement,” said Ortiz.

The ACL replacement was in his right knee. Ortiz had his left knee repaired in the past.

He healed up quickly, however, which made the Bellator deal possible.

“I was back at it in a month-and-a-half,” recounted Ortiz. “In a month-and-a-half, I was back at it, drilling again. My body heals super, super fast.”

I just feel good. Now I am the million dollar man.”

Punishment Athletics Air Tito Shirt

Punishment Athletics Air Tito Shirt

Punishment Athletics Hexed Shirt

Punishment Athletics Hexed Shirt

tags: Tito Ortiz (detail)  Bellator

notsobigmike site profile image

8/6/13 3:44 PM by notsobigmike

I can't help but feel that Bellator is making some crazy bad moves lately.Obviously I'm not intimate with their financials, but I find it REALLY difficult to believe they're going to do better with PPV revenue than on cable TV.And the way they're handling the Alvarez situation is absolutely insane. The only thing they did was piss off a popular fighter and send a message to any up-and-comers looking at Bellator that this ISN'T the way in to the UFC.They just need to bite the bullet and accept their status as the UFC's minor leagues. The MMA world needs legit B-league promotions, and there's no shame in being the best of them.

Powdered Toast Man site profile image

8/6/13 3:43 PM by Powdered Toast Man

For some unknown reason, I'm still a Tito fan, and wish him the best.

time traveling 12er site profile image

8/6/13 3:26 PM by time traveling 12er

Several fighters who have and still fight with Bellator have posted on this board that this is not true.

tbi0904 site profile image

8/6/13 3:04 PM by tbi0904

You really work for Zuffa don't you? You're getting a little obvious.

Chris27 site profile image

8/6/13 2:35 PM by Chris27

He is always 100 percent before a fight and after we find out all the injuries he was dealing with during camp. Same shit, different org.

ranier wolfcastle site profile image

8/6/13 2:32 PM by ranier wolfcastle

i thought he meant he's gettin paid a mill to fight rampage

Animal Mother site profile image

8/6/13 1:35 PM by Animal Mother

I think he meant, " I feel like a million bucks ". He's just not very smart.

FightToLive site profile image

8/6/13 11:45 AM by FightToLive

Well, Jena is the $35 Million per year Man.....I mean woMAN!

Death Beast site profile image

8/6/13 11:20 AM by Death Beast

Nah if it's a close win then he was still falling apart but OVERCAME ADVERSITY LIKE A REAL CHAMP. I pretty much couldn't stand him ever since he did that after the first Forrest fight.

MMA clothing and gear