Where are they now: Ninja Rua owns a gas station

During the UFC Fight Night 26 media conference call earlier this week, headliner Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua said this his older brother Murilo 'Ninja' Rua was now running a gas station in Curitiba, Brazil, having retired following a loss to Paulo Filho last September.

MMAFighting's Guilherme Cruz caught up with Ninja for a report.

"We have great costumers here," said 'Ninja'. "It wasn’t easy at first. I’m still learning, taking step by step."

"A guy offered to sell it to my father-in-law and he wanted to buy it, but didn’t want to take care of it, so he bought it and gave it to me, and I already paid him back."

Ninja naturally offered his opinion on Saturday nights main event.

"My brother will knock him out on the first round," said Rua. "Sonnen will try to take him down and my brother will finish him early. Sonnen’s chance is basically score points on the ground and pound, but my brother is also dangerous off his back. It’s definitely not a good match-up for Sonnen. Sonnen isn’t that good on the ground. He has a good wrestling, but we can’t compare him to my brother on striking and ground abilities. My brother is the favorite, he has more weapons to win."

What do you think UG? Do you like Shogun by KO in the first? And if you are ever in Curitiba, how cool would it be to fill up at Ninjas?

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

Super Body Care Body Spray 2oz

Super Body Care Body Spray 2oz

tags: Pride   Murilo Rua   Ninja

Roy Batty site profile image

8/15/13 11:24 PM by Roy Batty

I'm pretty sure Bonello said "I trane UFC!" right after "Fuck you, bitch!"

myee8 site profile image

8/15/13 9:04 AM by myee8

This gif deserves another ttt and a vu from me...

john joe site profile image

8/15/13 8:31 AM by john joe

Ninja sat with us after UFC 93 in dublin, drinking pints of guinness like they were going out of fashion. Didnt speak english and couldnt understand us but was happy as fuck and grinning like mad

Aaron Becker site profile image

8/14/13 6:58 PM by Aaron Becker

weird, cause that's how it would look if you and Chael fought too

DanTheWolfman site profile image

8/14/13 6:56 PM by DanTheWolfman

Just was driving randomly by a gym in LA that kept changing owners a few yrs ago so you never knew who might be there, stopped in, saw Ninja sitting down, he shook my hand and was super nice. Big Ninja and Shogun fan for life

JDjitsu site profile image

8/14/13 5:55 PM by JDjitsu

GG, last I heard about a week ago Kaue was still in a coma, but doing better after surgery. Haven't heard an update since. BTW George, big fan of the podcast. You and Goes easily have the best mostly pure mma podcast(and I listen to them all), and when Varner graces your show, it's even better. Keep on keepin on. And Ninja just isn't that good compared to the talent today or even the last 5 yrs. Though I respect and wish him luck in life. I appreciate the fights he was in and the killer entertainment he put on for the fans. Obrigado!!

Hessian site profile image

8/14/13 5:42 PM by Hessian

good for him

IamGerardo689 site profile image

8/14/13 5:40 PM by IamGerardo689

Hopefully he gives some of that gas to Shogun

gorgesjorj site profile image

8/14/13 4:19 PM by gorgesjorj

I hope Falcao isn't a regular customer there. Btw, is there an update on his friend who was in a coma?GG@mmajunkiegeorge@mmajunkieradio

Kings21 site profile image

8/14/13 4:18 PM by Kings21

I'll always be a ninja fan just for this gif alone. One of the best ones I've ever seen.

MMA apparel and training equipment
MMA clothing and gear