Brown: I can out wrestle GSP

Matt Brown is currently riding an impressive six fight win streak and will likely find himself in a number one contender's bout soon. The ultimate goal of course is to dethrone current champion Georges St-Pierre, and not only does Matt Brown think he can do it, he also believes he can do what no one else has, and out wrestle the champion:

"I know where my wrestling stands," Brown told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "It's simply a matter of executing those abilities in the ring with 'GSP.' I can outwrestle him. I'm calling it right now.

"It sounds f---ing ridiculous, and everybody is going to laugh at me, and I know the forums, everybody's going to talk about how I'm delusional and this and that. ... I know where I'm at."

Affliction GSP Team St. Pierre Shirt

Affliction GSP Team St. Pierre Shirt

Hayabusa Limited Edition Georges St. Pierre 16oz Gloves

Hayabusa Limited Edition Georges St. Pierre 16oz Gloves

SickEyeDiaz site profile image

8/20/13 2:12 PM by SickEyeDiaz

"We's pals ain't we Herman! GSP is the greatest, ain't that right Herman!"

blueheron20816 site profile image

8/20/13 2:10 PM by blueheron20816

Im not really sure what you consider "ordinary" about a guy knocking out world class fighters in the UFC, but okay. So whats not ordinary? what makes rory so special? his age? okay, so he got started in this sport before brown did, but I am willing to bet theyve been training for similar amounts of time. Plenty of fighters have come into their prime in their 30's, Brown seems to be one of them. You just watch, people seem to doubt him before every fight, and for 6 fights now he has proven them completely wrong and I dont think thats gonna stop.

bazza76 site profile image

8/20/13 12:38 PM by bazza76

I noticed Brown also said Pyle could beat GSP lol. When he says shit like that, it is hard to take too much from his comment about out-wrestling GSP.

Stannis Baratheon site profile image

8/20/13 12:25 PM by Stannis Baratheon

Munster always tells it straight

bazza76 site profile image

8/20/13 12:24 PM by bazza76

fights that make sense.

Anderson P Sonnen site profile image

8/20/13 12:18 PM by Anderson P Sonnen

Yeah, but it's different now with the introduction of the side step.

Herman Munster site profile image

8/20/13 12:12 PM by Herman Munster

If someone like Rory Mac made the comments Brown made this board would be turned upside down with multiple  threads about the arrogance of Rory, and that includes those defending Brown here...When Rory knocked out Pyle (also in first round as a 22 year old) the win meant Jack Shit.  It was just another non top 10 win and outrageous to suggest Rory as a top WW contender.  Now at least Rory has a top 10 win,hopefully Brown will get one to and finally earn the right to talk as much as he does,  I'd love to see Brown and Rory fight but UFC seems to have their mind made up on Rory/Lawler.  GSP will lose his title one day, but it won't be to the ordinary Matt Brown, but to someone exceptional, more than likely Rory takes it after GSP vacates it.

Allen Hood site profile image

8/20/13 12:05 PM by Allen Hood

He's just gonna side step that shit

Anti_thesis site profile image

8/20/13 11:52 AM by Anti_thesis

"I know where I'm at." -Matt BrownWhat is world of make believe for $200 Alex.

GAZEROCK site profile image

8/20/13 11:51 AM by GAZEROCK

I think there was a fighter by the name of jaush closetcheck or something like that , he also claimed he could out wrassle gsp , but it didnt happen. Hmmm