Superstar Billy Graham: I will be walking Sonnen to the cage

Chael Sonnen is widely regarded as the best trash talker in fight sports since Muhammad Ali. However, The Gangster from Oregon's immediate inspiration is not the 'Louisville Lip' but rather, like Ali, Sonnen learned how to work a mic from pro wrestling. Ali had Gorgeous George, and Chael has The Superstar, Billy Graham.

This is Sonnen doing his thing Saturday night:

And this is Graham, back in 1975:

And now the two will be united, cageside. Graham made the announcement via his Facebook page.

Billy Graham August 19
UFC Fighter Cheal Sonnen gave me a surprise phone call this afternoon 5:30 Phoenix time Monday, August 19th. We had a fun conversation about him using my promos and I will be looking to go to one of his fights and walk him to the ring and sit ring side to show my support for him sometime in the fall.

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

KOphil25 site profile image

8/22/13 7:38 PM by KOphil25

Haha!!

JeffersonDArcyChoke site profile image

8/22/13 7:28 PM by JeffersonDArcyChoke

If you can show me Dusty Rhodes talking about large arms, most harm or pushing barbell plates and being sweeter than German chocolate cake. I will buy you a blue.

JeffersonDArcyChoke site profile image

8/22/13 7:27 PM by JeffersonDArcyChoke

Show me where Dusty Rhodes said he had the largest arms and did the most harm. Show me where Dusty said he was the women's pet, the men's regret, what you don't see is better yet. Go ahead. Show me those.

JeffersonDArcyChoke site profile image

8/22/13 7:25 PM by JeffersonDArcyChoke

Who believes Superstar Graham?Seriously. This guy pawned his WWE HOF ring. CM Punk, the top draw in pro wrestling a year or two ago (after his big promo) was not allowed to walk Sonnen to the cage. Why in the fuck would Superstar Graham hobble his ass down the aisle?I don't believe anything except they talked about Sonnen stealing/paying homage to old Graham promos. Graham is a bullshitter from way back so I don't buy it coming to fruition.

DiscipleDojo site profile image

8/22/13 5:17 PM by DiscipleDojo

Well played, Loge...well played.  :)

FlyingKnee_bar site profile image

8/22/13 11:26 AM by FlyingKnee_bar

someone who isnt me.... remembered those lines coming from the mouth of "THE AMERICAN DREAM" DUSTY RHODES, and not Superstar Billy Graham. Most of chaels stuff is from rhodes and not graham i dont get how this is constantly mixed up....theres more than enough video online for this....ill find it later when im not at work

Roy Batty site profile image

8/22/13 4:03 AM by Roy Batty

Yeah, and I never got why he was an announcer back then. He was bigger than half the roster and too egotistical to act scared of them. Some twerp who was shaking in his boots would've been better.

UGCTT_RoryStyledMyBaconberger site profile image

8/21/13 11:50 PM by UGCTT_RoryStyledMyBaconberger

I'd like to see him walk out with Sheamus and Hornswoggle lol

HarryPalms site profile image

8/21/13 11:43 PM by HarryPalms

This.Now imagine that next fight Conon McGregor walks out with Ultimate Warrior and Benny Hinn.The internet will melt from so much awesome.

Stevius site profile image

8/21/13 11:29 PM by Stevius

The Ultimate Warrior was the best.

MMA clothing and gear