Rousey preparing for best Miesha Tate

Like she has done to all her opponents, Ronda Rousey defeated Miesha Tate by arm bar in the first round, however that doesn't mean Rousey is sleeping on Tate in their December rematch:

“They’re kind of saying, oh, Ronda’s no good after the first round, or the first minute.  They’re crossing their fingers and hoping that whatever they don’t know about my game is bad,” said the champion.

“I’m assuming that Miesha fixed all the holes that I saw in her game last time and she’s going to be like the best version of her that ever happened,” she added.

“I’m going to train for a five-round battle, whereas they’re hoping that after the first round I’m going to peter out.  They’re training for the worst version of me possible that they can think of, and I’m training for the best version of her possible that I can even imagine.”

“I think that’s the big difference between how me and Miesha prepare,” said Rousey.

TapouT Women\'s Everyday I Fight Shirt (Breast Cancer Awareness)

TapouT Women's Everyday I Fight Shirt (Breast Cancer Awareness)

UFC Women\'s Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

UFC Women's Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio site profile image

8/23/13 1:02 AM by UGCTT_ScarecrowRio

I feel like I can be an assistance with this Pam issue. Im thinking Pamm with two M's?

JustAnotherMMAFan site profile image

8/23/13 12:17 AM by JustAnotherMMAFan

Hey, Sarah! Big fan here, but I disagree.Ronda seemed a good deal stronger than Miesha in their first fight, but her cardio at 135 lbs is "iffy", IMO. She is on a one meal diet for 6 - 8 weeks before a fight. Unlike Miesha, who walks around at 144 - 145 lbs., I think she loses around 20 - 25 lbs (maybe more) for the fight... This must take its toll.Ronda's boxing has been improving, but I don't think she hits that hard. The best way to fight her is to circle out and, then, outpunch her patiently. Straight punches seem to stop her while she is bulldozing (her first fight with Miesha showed that). She jabs her way into a clinch, and she always is looking to get a hold of her opponent's head. So, footwork is essential against her.Also, if you watch her judo fights, and see how she was taken down, people were always going for her ankles. A good wrestler can exploit that.Finally, she's prone to scarf holds and is often giving out her back. Someone very flexible and with good jiu jitsu, like Marlos Coenen, can take advantage of that. I think Miesha has been working on her jiu jitsu and she is very stubborn and strong minded (even when tired), so, let's wait and see...I think Ronda wins the rematch, but it's not out of Miesha's reach to win it either... Stop the fight before the last hip toss and the last armbar, and Miesha seemed to have a slight edge in the grappling department.BTW, I am really looking forward to hearing that you vs Jessica Eye is official. This will be a really tough fight for both. Good luck!

Phil999 site profile image

8/22/13 5:26 PM by Phil999

good suggestion. I used my 1 vote of the day to vote him up as well.

mike_rizzo site profile image

8/22/13 5:19 PM by mike_rizzo

Im actually a terrible person in real life

subwrassler site profile image

8/22/13 4:37 PM by subwrassler

Voted up for having the stones to challenge hate with logic

Zapruder site profile image

8/22/13 4:28 PM by Zapruder

Wait...you want to have sex with Anderson?

WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U site profile image

8/22/13 4:19 PM by WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U

best meisha tate is a naked one.. alright..,. giggity giggity

tbi0904 site profile image

8/22/13 4:13 PM by tbi0904

I don't think there's another fighter that turns supposedly alpha males into catty females more than Ronda (no H people). The post right above yours is a good example. Miesha's getting wrecked again.

Gobulcoque site profile image

8/22/13 3:33 PM by Gobulcoque

For sure, just like Ben Henderson has been talking about Pettis lately. Everyone smart knows that Cain Velasquez beats him easy and he's just hiding behind competition he's fought already.

stonepony site profile image

8/22/13 3:31 PM by stonepony

Cyborg is using special-vitamins to hide in a higher weight class. Where have you been?