Belfort: Sonnen 'relieved' not to fight me

Vitor Belfort was one of many guys who called out Chael Sonnen after Sonnen defeated Mauricio Rua. Sonnen said in the media he would be happy to take a fight with Belfort, however Belfort believes Sonnen was more than likely relived when the fight wasn't made:

"He was really relieved that the UFC didn’t give him to me," Belfort said. "He was like ‘I’m glad I don’t have to fight Vitor.’ We have friends in common and one time he was on his camp and (Sonnen) said ‘one of the guys I’d never like to fight is Vitor Belfort.’ I’m cool, man. He’s around, I’m around. One day he’ll have to face me. It’ll be a great fight. One day. Who knows?"

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

RVCA Belfort Flag Shirt

RVCA Belfort Flag Shirt

Delorian site profile image

8/28/13 8:33 PM by Delorian

TRT Vitor can fuck ANYONE up.

ChaosOverkill site profile image

8/28/13 8:30 PM by ChaosOverkill

"Jesus tell me he scare, Jesus and me like to flex on the beach!"

The Sidestepping  Sidestep site profile image

8/28/13 8:26 PM by The Sidestepping Sidestep

I don't see Vitor winning this UNLESS he trains nothing but sidesteps and BJJ for the entire camp. Other wise the American gangster wins this 30-27

JSho site profile image

8/28/13 8:05 PM by JSho

Lol this, vtfu

Slowshot site profile image

8/28/13 4:28 PM by Slowshot

I'm one of the bigger Sonnen fanboys on this forum, but I DISTINCTLY remember Sonnen saying in an interview that Vitor is the most intimidating/scariest guy in the division.

Jake Thomas site profile image

8/28/13 3:06 PM by Jake Thomas

but chael chose to fight silva twice? and shogun? and marquardt?  cause none of them has never tkfo of anyone? vitor is a super easy fight. all he does is press forward and throw stright from the hip robot punches as a he leans forward. it would take chael about 10 seconds into the first round to have vitor down and in chael's world.

gokudamus stole my name iv site profile image

8/28/13 1:40 PM by gokudamus stole my name iv

"He turns down fights but accuses people with a number of options of being scared because they don't choose him over the huge beef fight they want"Chael has made it clear he's going back to 185. Vitor is the top contender at 185. Why exactly would Chael rather fight Wand? There's no "huge beef" other than the one Chael manufactured to get Wand to take the fight."He'd fight Jon Jones on 5 days notice but he's scared to death of Vitor. Of course."All he had to do against Jones was curl up and wait for the ref to stop it, did he even take any significant damage? How many guys has Jones KTFO of? Zero.

HardHittingHeeb site profile image

8/28/13 1:36 PM by HardHittingHeeb

Vitor is a scary fighter for most people - in fact I think he is a bad match for Sonnen(and I'm a big Sonnen fan).However, I believe that even if Belfort scares the shit out of Sonnen (and he might), when they call Sonnen's name he will be there.Vitor is one of the scariest people to fight, but he absofuckinglutely will blink first.

RickStorm site profile image

8/28/13 1:33 PM by RickStorm

10 for the timing 10 for the screen name 10 for making me read it a few times before I "got it" LOL & VTFU

Swedgen site profile image

8/28/13 1:21 PM by Swedgen

I like Vitor and all but he's hiding in Brazil where he knows Sonnen won't go.