Condit: I would not want to fight me right now

Carlos Condit will fight Martin Kampmann on Wednesday night in a rematch of their super close bout from 2009, which Condit lost. However Condit feels he is the improved fighter and did the best possible job preparing for the bout:

“I absolutely agree with that,” Condit said. “I’m in the best shape I’ve ever been, my skills are exactly where they need to be, I’m in a really good place mentally. Yeah, I would not want to fight me right now, that’s for sure.”

Condit will indeed have to be at his best on Wednesday night and defeating Kampmann in his quest to win the welterweight championship would make it all the sweeter.

“It’s redemption in a sense,” Condit said. “It was really disappointing dropping my UFC debut after having such a good run in the WEC. But it’s also just another step in getting the UFC title belt back around my waist and that’s really where I see myself in the near future.”

Headrush Carlos Condit UFC 171 Walk Out Shirt

Headrush Carlos Condit UFC 171 Walk Out Shirt

Headrush Carlos \

Headrush Carlos "N.B.K." Condit Walkout Shirt

tags: Carlos Condit (detail)

Leck Brosnar site profile image

8/30/13 4:40 AM by Leck Brosnar

Awesome, and to think Diaz is the one with the highly touted "uberduber super guard". Condit is better than Diaz in every facet, even cardio. Face down ass up, all day, Rogan podcast by night

Diazed And Confused site profile image

8/30/13 3:46 AM by Diazed And Confused

The amount of butthurt stupid in this thread makes me wanna kill myself.

MasterofMartialArts site profile image

8/30/13 1:51 AM by MasterofMartialArts

LOLYou calling that "chasing"? GTFO. Diaz did nothing plod forward lazily, flat footed and unintelligent. Diaz didnt even come close to trying to make that a fight. Condit was the only one engaging.You call throwing your hands up "chasing"?Throwing up the middle finger???!?You guys are delusional. Not once in that fight did Diaz even attempt to engage. Tried to throw a few strikes, missed, and instead of adjusting, just fucking complained and fake retired. I know you guys hold on to your hero tightly, but he can only win fights when guys play his game and let him tee off. Condit landed WAY more strikes. How is that? Because he threw more. He engaged more. You say he chased when in reality he did nothing. Same against GSP.

sniper1026 site profile image

8/29/13 12:57 PM by sniper1026

LOL! @ the Diaz v Condit pic....

supersonic site profile image

8/29/13 12:49 PM by supersonic

Condit looked great and bigger than usual(?) as well. Kampman looked like he had nothing to offer standing. and was shown virtually zero respect. This fight also continues to prove what a badass Diaz is although many won't admit to it. Condit fights one way for every fight in his long career, but one.

MasterofMartialArts site profile image

8/29/13 12:31 PM by MasterofMartialArts

Dude, just what this thread needed. Voted up

MasterofMartialArts site profile image

8/29/13 12:30 PM by MasterofMartialArts

LOL

Tweener site profile image

8/29/13 12:05 PM by Tweener

Condit coasted, huh?Condit landed around 160 shots, 40 more than Diaz. He worked harder than Diaz and instead of throw his hands up and talking shit, threw strikes and brought in a great gameplan. One Diaz couldn't match or figure out. It's not Condit's fault that Diaz's gameplan is wading forward, hoping his opponent will just stand against the cage for him and then whining like a baby when they don't. Stop bringing idiocy into this thread and stop being a closed minded idiot. Apparently you're supposed to just go in and throw strikes and stand in front of each other. Go watch some backyard brawls if that's what you expect.

MasterofMartialArts site profile image

8/29/13 11:52 AM by MasterofMartialArts

The only way you could possibly think Condit didn't come close to finishing GSP, is if you didn't see the fight.

Vikingknee site profile image