Riggs injured, Fight Master finale delayed inefinitely

Bellator's Fight Master reality television debut season was expected to close with a fight between finalists Joe Riggs and Mike Bronzouli on Saturday. However, it was announced earlier today that Riggs suffered suffered a partial orbital bone fracture and retina detachment in training three weeks ago, and the bout will be postponed until he recovers.

“My sparring partner threw a high kick and I blocked it, but his toe went through my head gear,” said Riggs. “I was in horrible pain and they had to pry my eye open to see the damage.”

Riggs underwent a four-hour surgery for the injury that night, he said, and spent four days recovering in an Arizona hospital. Riggs said the surgery was successful and his physician has already cleared him to train again.

“I can be ready in October or Nov. 2, if they need me,” said Riggs.

Read entire article...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

RYU Signature Tee LE

RYU Signature Tee LE

Under Armour The Original Boxerjock 3in Trunk

Under Armour The Original Boxerjock 3in Trunk

tags: Fight Master   Joe Riggs (detail)

Chris27 site profile image

9/4/13 4:58 PM by Chris27

Dude you are an idiot, just shut up.  How is the title of the thread suggesting Bellator did something wrong? Fight is postponed indefinitly due to injury but there isnt enough room in the title to put all that.

TuLegit site profile image

9/4/13 4:50 PM by TuLegit

Guys I wasn't trying to say he wasn't injured or it couldn't happen, was some conspiracy or whatever I was just pointing out I had never heard of that happening from a toe and if anything sounds like a freak injury. Tough luck for joe.

wasssp site profile image

9/4/13 1:55 PM by wasssp

In my country, when you block a kick or a punch with your head and eye socket, people often won't give you credit for having blocked it.

JustTheTip site profile image

9/4/13 11:07 AM by JustTheTip

So Adam Martin chose the thread title? Gotcha.And defend Bellator? I don't think I've ever watched a show. It's just funny seeing the amount of time and number of threads you and MMALOGIC put into Bellator. I like your angle though. You try and act like you're an unbiased poster who just brings the news.

Nuevo Haole site profile image

9/4/13 10:52 AM by Nuevo Haole

'I am gonna buy this PPV for the Riggs fight' -No one ever   I like Riggs, but he is not a PPV draw

Chris27 site profile image

9/4/13 10:44 AM by Chris27

Jesus, some people on this site are dumb as rocks.  But I guess JustTheTip is so eager to defend Bellator he didnt actually read the article. Guess he didnt see I posted a link to the actual article and posted it was written by Adam Martin. But I guess my name isnt Chris, I guess I'm Adam Martin now.    Also JTT didnt read that two posts after the OP I said they couldnt tell anyone cause the show wasnt over.  Maybe you should read the thread first.

JustTheTip site profile image

9/4/13 10:39 AM by JustTheTip

Oh, and why make a thread title that insinuates Bellator is doing something wrong? Why not just create one that says "Riggs is out of fight with injury" ?Or have you made a thread stating "Pettis/Grant Fight Postponed Indefinitely" as well, in order to give the impression that UFC may not be capable of ever having the fight?

JustTheTip site profile image

9/4/13 10:35 AM by JustTheTip

OP.... couple questions:1) If Riggs suffered the injury in training camp, why would you assume that Bellator knew about it?2) Were you also this upset when Hendo injured himself 4 weeks before the Jones fight, the UFC kept promoting it, and Dana said he had no idea about the injury despite the fact that Sonnen began promoting himself around the same time?3) If Bellator had known, what do you recommend they should have done? You say it bothers you that they kept quiet but then go on to say you understand they couldn't reveal it as it would have spoiled the season?

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman site profile image

9/4/13 10:26 AM by UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

Whats funny is the UG News made this news, and doesnt have spell check apparently.

MMA apparel and training equipment
MMA clothing and gear