Bader: It pisses me off everyone is overlooking me

Ryan Bader fights Glover Teixeira in tonight's Ultimate Fight Night 28 and he's not happy most people think he's a stepping stone to a title shot:

“It pisses me off that everyone is overlooking me,” Bader told ESPN.com. “He’s talking about a title shot, other people are talking about a title shot. Fans are saying I don’t have a chance and how good the fight is going to be between [Teixeira] and Jones.

“But he has a tough fight ahead of him on Sept. 4 and I’m looking to spoil all their plans. UFC is saying that he gets the next title shot with an impressive win. A lot of people are going to be upset on Sept. 4. I’m going to come out and take everything away from them.”

TapouT Subliminal Shirt

TapouT Subliminal Shirt

TapouT Dragon Tribal Shirt

TapouT Dragon Tribal Shirt

tags: Ryan Bader (detail)  Glover Teixiera   UFN 28

Judge Mental site profile image

9/4/13 9:37 PM by Judge Mental

lol. hang it up Bader. this isn't college wrestling.

oplix site profile image

9/4/13 9:36 PM by oplix

No more reason to be pissed off as everyone was correct in overlooking you. There's always Bellator.

mennis65 site profile image

9/4/13 4:04 PM by mennis65

I doubt Glover is overlooking Bader. Although I think Glover will win, Bader is going to be a tough fight for him.

Kentpaul site profile image

9/4/13 4:04 PM by Kentpaul

If Glover is the real deal as BLAF keeps saying then he should destroy Bader, but if he can't then BLAF has been hyping him up for no reason

Damaynevent site profile image

9/4/13 3:47 PM by Damaynevent

This made me chuckle a bit.

Libero21 site profile image

9/4/13 3:18 PM by Libero21

Yeah losing to Tito that late in his career made bader look like an amateur, which sucks because he would beat Tito 9/10 times imo. He is a great fighter but everyone will always overlook him because of the Tito fight

subwrassler site profile image

9/4/13 3:14 PM by subwrassler

^^ like RIGHT NOW probablylol

JROTT site profile image

9/4/13 3:05 PM by JROTT

Bader totally forgot how easy Bones beat his ass?? He's better off just stand and wanging and going for knockout bonuses than trying to get to another title shot. Plus ya, Tito made him tap.. I kinda feel bad for Bader about that one though.. It's like farting in front of a hot girl you just met.. Maybe it was an accident and would never happen again, but it DID happen and people will never forget.. I'm sure Tito is still talking about it right now somewhere

JStrongMMA site profile image

9/4/13 2:37 PM by JStrongMMA

Bader will win via being a Sith lord and possessing superior telekinesis ability.

LILBROCK site profile image

9/4/13 2:21 PM by LILBROCK

To add to that, I like Glover and think he's a great fighter. I'd just like to see him beat a Davis, Gustaffson, Lyoto, Rashad, etc... before getting a shot and do agree that Brown should have to beat a top 5 guy too.