UFN 28 results: Glover Teixeira finishes Ryan Bader in first round

The main event of tonight's Ultimate Fight Night 28 featured a light heavyweight bout between rising star Glover Teixeira and Ultimate Fighter winner Ryan Bader.

Ryan "Darth" Bader Vs. Glover "The Brazilian Pit Bull" Teixeira
Fight was scheduled for 5 rounds (5x5x5x5x5)
Name Ryan Bader <a href=Ryan Bader" />
Height 6′ 2″ (187.96 cm)
Weight 205 (92.99 kg)
Record 15-3-0
Team
VS
Name Glover Teixeira <a href=Glover Teixeira" />
Height 6′ 2″ (187.96 cm)
Weight 205 (92.99 kg)
Record 21-2-0
Team

-Glover Teixeira defeated Ryan Bader by TKO (Punches, Round 1, 2:55)

TapouT Subliminal Shirt

TapouT Subliminal Shirt

TapouT Dragon Tribal Shirt

TapouT Dragon Tribal Shirt

CanofPineapple site profile image

9/5/13 1:28 AM by CanofPineapple

All Bader had to do was use his head and he would've won that fight...it's so depressing...

J Cov site profile image

9/5/13 1:05 AM by J Cov

Bader entrance song?

Ra712 site profile image

9/5/13 12:40 AM by Ra712

Dam

Media Monster site profile image

9/5/13 12:33 AM by Media Monster

The man has dynamite in his hands

RKing85 site profile image

9/5/13 12:30 AM by RKing85

Glover/Jones. Loving it.

Sublime7SD site profile image

9/5/13 12:19 AM by Sublime7SD

Even if a couple of the shots Bader landed did rock Glover, I don't think that makes him look bad. Bader was throwing everything he had into his strikes, I expected one to stun Glover if it landed cleanly. I'm a fan of Glover, but not delusional or anything. I wouldn't bet on him (or anyone currently) against Jones, but I think he has as good or better a chance of winning when compared to anyone else in the division right now. He's been quite active since joining the UFC and has put together 5 wins in a row inside the UFC, which is a significant accomplishment in this day in age. Out of those 5, only one fight has gone to the cards. So he's winning and he's stopping guys. Gustafsson has 6 wins in a row (7 total) and one loss since joining the UFC, getting stoppages in 5 of 7 fights. I will grant you that Alexander's last 4 fights have been bigger names than Glover's, and I wouldn't be enraged if they made Glover fight another once or twice for a shot, but I'd also be fine with him getting the next shot. Especially when you consider that championship fights seem to have 6+ month layoffs very often, I wouldn't be surprised to see Glover have to fight again. I also haven't looked over every high level LHW's record though, so perhaps there is someone more deserving that I am overlooking. If that's the case, I'd probably rather see that guy. If not, then I think there's a good argument for Glover.

StretchPlum site profile image

9/4/13 11:42 PM by StretchPlum

great idea

MadmanGadman site profile image

9/4/13 11:20 PM by MadmanGadman

I would like to see glover vs Davis for title shot.

MattBFD site profile image

9/4/13 10:56 PM by MattBFD

Because jones is so lightning fast...

AceAtGSU site profile image

9/4/13 10:46 PM by AceAtGSU

Bader had a shot, he just got over excited and rushed in and started winging. Props to Glover for hanging in there and pulling it out, but he didn't look like the world beater people are making him out to be.Jones eats his lunch imo.

MMA apparel and training equipment
BLACK FRIDAY