Silva: Super fights are 'perfect bullsh*t'

A super fight between Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre or Jon Jones has long been discussed in the media and amongst fans. Silva has said in the past he will fight anyone, but that doesn't mean he agrees with the idea of super fights:

Speaking at Lions Pride Gym in London, the former middleweight champion said that any superfight denies other fighters the chance to come up.

"My opinion - the people always say ‘superfight, superfight’ but where are the chances for the new guys to come?

"I’m ready for fight for Jon Jones, Georges St Pierre but in my academy, Minatouro, Glover and the other fighters in this class for Jon Jones. George St Pierre is a different class. I have my problems in my class.

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

joe canada site profile image

9/17/13 11:31 PM by joe canada

Thanks! Had completely forgotten the toe of doom!

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun site profile image

9/17/13 9:18 PM by ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

Frankie Edgar doesn't lack balls, he has no problem with a 3rd fight with BJ. Just saying

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun site profile image

9/17/13 9:16 PM by ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

On the topic of facing Sonnen for a third time, Silva said: "I give Chael two chances for the win... Chael you no got it," he laughs. "I’m sorry man, bye!"Will he feel the same way if he loses to Weidman again? Does he think a 3rd fight is no normal?

donovese site profile image

9/17/13 8:09 PM by donovese

Everyone! It's normal to read everything that Anderson says in his voice.

Oontyex site profile image

9/17/13 6:27 PM by Oontyex

Such a shame when the huge potential fights fall through. Would have been incredible if gsp vs silva had been made like a year or two ago. Wasted opportunity

Vote me down site profile image

9/17/13 4:44 PM by Vote me down

I dont even like Silva but this was pretty damn funny to me. "I give Chael two chances for the win... Chael you no got it," he laughs. "I’m sorry man, bye!"

Soup and Beer site profile image

9/17/13 4:39 PM by Soup and Beer

"Yeah it’s good for business but is no good for the other’s guy fight. I go to fight Georges St Pierre, he cuts up, I cut down. I finish the fight. I go to fight Jon Jones, I finish the fight. Who’s next? No have! My opinion, this is perfect bullshit." Is he saying he doesn't want to fight them because he would finish both of them and have no one left to fight?  I'm sorry but if this is what he is saying then he is delusional or lying.  I believe if he had complete confidence of beating both of them he would have pushed for the fights himself.  This reminds me of when Royce kimura'd Akebono and said there was no one left on the planet for him to fight.

jdb2414 site profile image

9/17/13 4:32 PM by jdb2414

haha! agreed.

Rambo John J site profile image

9/17/13 4:28 PM by Rambo John J

This is bullshit^^^

Rambo John J site profile image

9/17/13 4:25 PM by Rambo John J

I love bad english. keep it coming.

MMA clothing and gear