Weidman: Losing is not even a thought

UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman recentlly conducted an interview with MMAMania. In it, he discussed how life has changed since dethroning Silva at UFC 162, buying a new house, and remaining grounded.

While some still call the win a fluke, Weidman endured multiple surgeries and extensive damage to his house during Hurrican Sandy. He says this time, he will be better.

"There were a lot of things going on behind the scenes," said Weidman. "I just know I'm going to be in a lot better place for this next fight."

"I know people are saying 'the angry Anderson Silva, the serious Anderson Silva is going to be coming out. If you think that intimidates me or it makes me second guess myself at all, that's just not where my mind is at."

"I have a lot I know I haven't shown in a fight yet. I have a lot of things I do in the gym that I'm still working on to gain the confidence to do in the ring and for this fight. There could be a lot of new things you see.

"I think for sure you haven't seen the best Chris Weidman."

Weidman was then asked what Anderson Silva will be seen at the UFC 168 rematch on Dec 28.

"He has had so many fights at this point, ever time he is in there I think he is as creative as you can be," said Weidman. "He is very relaxed. I expect the unexpected. Every time I have fought, I'm not too worried about what there doing. I'm worried about what I'm doing. So, honestly it doesn't matter."

"Anderson has been in the game so much longer than me, he has accomplished so much more than I have. He's done a lot great things for the sport and for the UFC. So he deserves that kind of respect where people can't believe that he actually lost the first time and they aren't going to believe that he lost a second time."

But what if it is Weidman who loses?

"Yeah, I'm not losing," said Weidman. "So that's not even a thought."

Read entire article...

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

tags: UFC   Chros Weidman   Anderson Silva (detail)

KingofBJJ site profile image

9/30/13 10:35 AM by KingofBJJ

I'd like to know who keeps injuring Silva's ribs in training, because nearly cost him two fights instead of just the one.

DyldoWilly site profile image

9/30/13 12:20 AM by DyldoWilly

Go away jimmy ur irrelevant

NMEofMan site profile image

9/29/13 11:19 PM by NMEofMan

I rarely have any emotional investment in a MMA fight or even care who wins (except Fedor and Machida, I always want them to win). I just want my money's worth out of the fights and for them to be competitive. Having said that, holy fuck I hope Weidman wins!

billaabum site profile image

9/29/13 10:51 PM by billaabum

LMAO. The MMA oracle has revealed himself!

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash site profile image

9/29/13 9:08 PM by OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

Silva gonna whoop dat ass

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash site profile image

9/29/13 9:08 PM by OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

He was also a brawler

jpm995 site profile image

9/29/13 9:08 PM by jpm995

both right, Chuck was a counter puncher but fell so in love with his right hand late in his career, he was attacking when he got ko'd by Evans, Franklin and i think Shogun. The more exciting he got the more he got ko'd.

James Vagabond site profile image

9/29/13 8:51 PM by James Vagabond

Chuck was a counter puncher, have you even seen any of his fights?

ssj site profile image

9/29/13 8:42 PM by ssj

is normal

spirello site profile image

9/29/13 5:00 PM by spirello

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDD THE NEW UFC MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLDANDERSON THE SPIDER SILVAAAAAAAAAAAAJoe Rogan : Anderson, this is the first time I think we have ever seen a flying scissor knee arm superman punch in combat sports, how did you come up with this technique?Anderson : mr hogan is normal i wanti tanki the fans , master seagal, master hoy jones , master chuck norris this techniquei all master teach me . OSU

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!