White: Chael coach TUF Brazil? He might not make it out

Although Wanderlei Silva has done a remarkable job of using what you might term Sonnenesque pro wrestling methods to draw Chael Sonnen into a fight, Sonnen is scheduled to fight Rashad Evans at UFC 167 and Wand is out with injuries, perhaps until 2014. But, there is a new TUF episode that will be filmed in Brazil, so some fans thought the pair would be perfect to coach vs. one another.

However, UFC president Dana White thought that idea wouldn't fly, as Sonnen wouldn't make it back.

"People keep asking me if they're going to be the coaches (for TUF Brazil 3)," said White in Brazil on a UFC World Tour stop in Rio de Janeiro on Monday. "I can't have a Brazilian within 10 feet of Chael Sonnen in America Imagine bringing Chael Sonnen here for six weeks. I don't think he'd make it."

"I mean there's situations in the United States where that we had an event where a Brazilian fan started swinging at Chael Sonnen trying to hit him. Then we did the Fan Expo, and a Brazilian tried to swing at him at that. Wanderlei's name is 'The Axe Murderer' and he is a very proud Brazilian and he doesn't like Chael Sonnen and the thing doesn't surprise me one bit."

"I don't have to tell you guys, I stood here what was it a year and a half ago with Anderson sitting here, and Chael sitting here saying horrible things about this country and about the people and about him. Brazilians do not like Chael Sonnen."

Read entire article...

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

Venum Wand Team TUF Brazil Shirt

Venum Wand Team TUF Brazil Shirt

tags: UFC   TUF   Dana White   Chael Sonnen (detail)

BubblesNS site profile image

10/1/13 12:05 PM by BubblesNS

I think we are all in agreement.

6ULDV8 site profile image

10/1/13 11:11 AM by 6ULDV8

Yeah, he'd die

CowboysStuntDouble site profile image

10/1/13 10:59 AM by CowboysStuntDouble

Somehow, I don't think that's the reason

Zed Wayne Zed site profile image

10/1/13 10:18 AM by Zed Wayne Zed

I am actually pretty sure Chael could handle a mob of like 5-6 of their fans on his own.I mean, we are talking about a beast of a man.Brazil, you've been trolled so hard, you're looking bad.The most trollable of all the fanbases.

OneSidedWar site profile image

10/1/13 9:32 AM by OneSidedWar

Americans have less pride for their country. (Im American btw.) Its as simple as that. I love my country but im ashamed of those who run it. Kinda crosses over into sporting events too.

OnlyFoolsPickBendo site profile image

10/1/13 7:48 AM by OnlyFoolsPickBendo

If a guy from Brazil said that Americans where so stupid that they did not know the difference between a bus and a horse, it would have piss Americans off.

ssj site profile image

9/30/13 10:06 PM by ssj

Its because too many douchelords do the CRINGEINDUCING U SAover and over. Most americans are embarrassed by that shit and support the non US fighter as a result

iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz site profile image

9/30/13 9:48 PM by iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

Just do team us vs team brazil in the us. Be sort of like season 9

TexLadue site profile image

9/30/13 8:04 PM by TexLadue

I can't disagree with that statement, yes the USA is a melting pot culturally, but I find this incredibly interesting. Here me out, If you took a regular white guy, black guy, Irish guy, Jewish guy, Mexican guy, and one if there dumb girlfriends, six people total, all Americans, do you think they all root for their national representative in a fight boxing, MMA whatever?

dhughes site profile image

9/30/13 7:52 PM by dhughes

Okay. I understand your point. Thanks for clarifying.Though I think it's less about refusing to back their countrymen than it is about rooting for a "character" that you like. The US is a very diverse place and most people who live in metropolitan areas are used to interacting on a daily basis with people from all over the world. So, I would guess that people in the US might be more inclined to root for someone based on their skills and personal merits than their nationality. That's certainly not a blanket statement but more of a generalization.Anyway, thanks for the response.

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!