Strange Russian tale from Fedor's hometown

Russian UGer Touch came across a great story on the Russian language site valetudo.ru. Story is purportedly written by a guy whose buddy lived one floor above Fedor Emelianenko.

Who is the Fedor you know? King, rightful, honest, strong, guy  ext door, one of us through and through! Modest, without celebrity attitude, sports hero, an embodiment of the dream of an ordinary son of Soviet hard workers without any blue blood in their family trees whatsoever. He's ours! Our national champion Fedor Emelianenko - Russian national treasure! That is how lots of people in our country know him. You don't have to doubt the authenticity of these qualities of him, they are true!

Who is Fedor I know? I asked myself this question before and now I will try to answer it honestly. I'll start from the very beginning...

September 1997, 5th grade, Stary Oskol, I'm 10 years old. Literature class, and all the bullies are naturally sitting in Kamchatka (slang for back rows of a classroom) while all the straight-A students are in front. Delicate knocking on the door, and we see a huge man entering the class; it seemed to me his shoulders were at least six feet wide. He asked for 5 minutes of our attention. He introduced himself as a Judo coach from school, n.a. Alexander Nevsky, and announced the recruitment for Judo training class: he asked both boys and girls who are interested to stand up. Naturally, all the Kamchatka jumped to the ceiling including me. He explained to us when and where to come and came out as delicately as he came in... No, it was not Fedor lol, that man was the Senior coach of Specialized Sports Olympic School for Children and Teenagers n.a. Alexander Nevsky, Russian Master of Sports in Judo, Bronze medalist of 1993 European Youth Games, the winner of Russian Judo Competition in 1992 and 1993 Andrey Anatolievich Bezruk!

All the days before the appointed Judo time I could not think straight, could not sleep, eat... I waited and longed for the first training session. And finally this day came; from all the guys who stood up in the classroom that day only one dude was in the gym with me. First training session was just expository but here we go....  Further came systematic Judo classes with a strict discipline on the one hand, but with jokes and laughs on the other. There were visits to children's camps, local tournaments, etc. Everything was great! By the time we have already seen a glimpse of passing guys, looking like each other, almost bald huge dudes; and in that time there were already some legends about Emelianenko brothers, killing machines, with the elder brother being the toughest and most evil-intended dude from our school n.a. A.Nevsky. Our coach Andrey Anatolievich only smiled when we asked him about Emelianenko questions and said, "Just train hard, and you will be the same when you'll grow up."

Then one day I came to the gym and saw all the guys crowding in front of the gym entrance: no one dared to enter Judo mat to fool around before the training, to ride the rope as we did always, but here you go. When I asked what was going on the guys silently nodded towards two kids who already came in:  they were all sweaty and red-faced and did push-ups or tried to do them in exhaustion...

"Up with you! Join it up" - I heard a strange voice, and saw an unusual man who did not wear a kimono with a black belt like Andrey Anatolievich but this simple man wore a tracksuit and had very uptight, I'd even say evil, scary face. It was him, Fedor Emelianenko, the eldest of the killer brothers… My heart sank in my boots as did the hearts of other 30 lads. In short and without  any emotions it was said that Andrei Anatolievich (our beloved, kind, affectionate) has got some kind of a long disease and Fedor will replace him! My heart sank in my boots as well as the hearts of other 30 lads. A guy came in late, and we would normally sympathize him but this time we were happy that we are not walking in his shoes. Each member of the training group performed a small suplex,  we had a roll call, and then all hell broke loose. It was a tough, even brutal workout we had for the first time in a year; it was massacre of the innocents, straight out and without pity. Training principle was the same as with our usual coach but the style and approach obviously did not suit for 11 year old boys. It was wacking your ass with a belt when you could not perform a physical exercise, not stroking but real wacking; it was obvious increase of an exercise load, ruthlessness may e. His face rarely expressed a smile, but if his acquaintance came into the room or his coach, namely V.M. Voronov, they could joke and laugh . Everyone wanted to get "WELL DONE" from Fedor Vladimirovich and avoid getting a name "CAN."

So three or four training months, I don't remember exactly, flew by like that. These months have hardened us, made us stronger, but Fedor's rigidity made us remember Andrei Anatolievich every single moment and we were just dreaming about his return.

Emelianenko-Sr. stopped to train us as abruptly as he started to; one day he told us in his trademark hard and unkind manner that Andrey Anatolievich recovered from his illness and will conduct all the training classes from now on. SO that was the end of a close contact with the eldest of the killer brothers for me, and the saddest thing is that after France Soccer World Cup '98 I betrayed martial arts and got into soccer.

Our town is not large, and when Fedor earned his first successes in Judo and Sambo, everybody was talking about that. He quickly became the local star as soon as he won the "valetudo" RINGS tournament in Japan. They showed him on the local 9th TV channel and everyone who trained at Alexander Nevsky school boasted about knowing Fedor personally. There were rumors in town about Fedor resolving local gang conflicts and it made him even cooler in the eyes of teenagers.

Fedor's prestige grew as his victories in the ring accumulated. When he became the champion of Pride, local authorities quickly started to use his name in their ways. I firstly saw his fights by a local TV with him as an analyst: he talked about the intricacies of these tournaments which were a novelty to us. People often saw the brothers together, they seemed like Collossi among the simple mortals, and his face still demonstrated the stiffness I remembered. I was afraid to come up and ask for an autograph because it seemed like he would make you to do push-ups right here on the street. That is how he was feared and respected.

I'll tell you about my second close contact with Fedor. My childhood friend's parents bought an apartment in Dubrava, good new district - those of you who live in this town must know. It was the summer of 2003. Fedor already was a champion of Pride and full-fledged local star. I was only 14 years old and had learned all the "charms" of life such as smoking and alcohol. So we stood on the balcony of a brand new Dubrava apartment, smoked cigarettes and checked out what was happening in the yard. I listened to my friend who told me fairy tales about Fedor Emelianenko living somewhere here, and I laughed hard listening to this. But in the very next moment I see gray metallic Lada 110 driving up to the house - this car was craze of the day at the time - and the person getting out of it is Fedor; moreover, he enters the same entrance hall my buddy lives in and my jaw is dropping because of envy. We exited out of the apartment entrance door to figure out the apartment he lives in by sound (5-story building, no elevator), and it turned out he lived just under my friend. I wanted to kill him… My friend, that is.

My friend's mom was a modern woman and wanted to teach her son an independent life in a new apartment (she was wrong), that's why she kept living with dad in the old flat and we used the new one to the fullest extent. In the same summer of 2003  we threw a beer party with loud music; it was 11 pm when suddenly the doorbell rang... Well, we're spreading our fingers like tough guys do in Russia and running to the door, shouting "Right now, this guy will be fucked  up," then we open the door and our large intestines become the smallest in the world: in front of us we see him.... two time (at the moment) world champion in Combat Sambo, RINGS world Champion, Pride world Champion, the great and terrible (we did not have any doubts about that at the time) Fedor Emelianenko...

Read entire article... (original Russian Language)

Bad Boy Cali Pride Shirt

Bad Boy Cali Pride Shirt

UFC Pride Bushido Shirt

UFC Pride Bushido Shirt

tags: Fedor Emelianenko

touch site profile image

10/9/13 10:18 AM by touch

ttt

teamquestnorth site profile image

10/8/13 12:03 PM by teamquestnorth

Voted up. Thanks for the translations and the videos. Awesome story.

Bobby Lupo site profile image

10/8/13 9:14 AM by Bobby Lupo

VTFU

touch site profile image

10/8/13 7:12 AM by touch

Ok guys I'll give you the finish of this part of the story but I want to have some positive feedback from the UG!   Chapter 6   Safely leaving at will with the army, I went to work , came back and got into the sport and kompUterov enternetom . Began a dense introduction to the world of MMA.   I looked through all the fights Fedor , everything. Then the deadline was a battle with the giant Korean. I have long ugoral over how Fedor at the first attempt to enter the hand as borsetka hung on his arm .   While Fedor and went to mass , its popularity in the world began to gain momentum. In social networks appeared more and more haylaytov with him.   Fight with Tim Sylvia, I have watched live in the net .   Chapter 7   In 2009, on the Internet I saw the news that Fedor is coming to Moscow to open shop «Affliction» and at the same time will be an autograph session . Well here a long time I thought the appointed day taking two Druganov athletes we rushed to the event .   Such a crowd wanting sfotkatsya Fedor was not expected , do not Fedor , not wanting , not Armenians . The place where the photo shoot took place more fans with Fyodor and opening shop located at 100 meters from each other. And people do not understand tossed where they will be able to drive up to the first idol. Everyone was waiting for ..... And so it happened ... On the horizon seemed Fedor ohrandos walked in front of him and ran around the paparazzi . When the crowd walked past us, I cried - "Fedor , greetings from Stary Oskol ," he turned his head in our direction, looked me straight in the eye and winked just like it was back then ..... a neighbor . And I realized that the old "good" Fedor is still here , did not become a pious preacher with the other attendant , and remained exactly the same tough , uncompromising guy whom we are so respected and feared .   After a tight and tedious opening Magazev , the whole crowd moved into the zone of the autograph session . Well, we have a special ushlostyu not different and therefore missed this point, and were behind the whole disorganized stampede . But I'm still not losing hope to shake my hand again the most respected man after my mother rushed into this and suffered a crush there for at least an hour , reaching the finish line. And you can not imagine my disappointment when in front of me just two people and now he Fedor which is pomoschnichek cries - "All the guys are tired , we are finishing the champion ," I was desperate to talk to Fedor , I'm from Stary Oskol , allow one photo please ... and he was moved with compassion , he said , "Well, let's go here " I gave my soap-box security guard who worked there as a photographer, Theodore and hugged until ohrandos tupil photographer said to him - "You are easier to find in Stary Oskol , what's the break " Fedor "Uh-huh " I - "You still live on the oak ? " Fedor " No, it's on the north ." I - "I will come to visit you for tea "   But then my time was over, I thanked Fedor and happy that all still got to him alternates to their Druganov broken off , and by the way Fedor has missed five people after me.   PSVse forces no longer want to sleep . There's more to tell , since all still kept his promise and went to see Fedor in the Oskol, was also at the training camp at the team Fedor.

touch site profile image

10/8/13 7:08 AM by touch

*merferous = murderous

touch site profile image

10/8/13 7:07 AM by touch

Nah, Russian-speaking guys, if any, don't seem to give a shit.    "....... he walked with his merferous gaze, shook hands with Sanyok (Sasha) (apartment host) and said - " Neighbor , please make the music quiter, my child is sleeping", then he winked , wished us good night and left .. .. Sasha mumbled an awkward "goodbye" , closed the door and we all exhaled with a laughter , looking into frightened eyes of each other .   Of course, we turned the music off completely, out of harm's way, but continued to booze it up and Mishanya (Misha) asked Sanyok to open a bottle of vodka of his parents explaining that he needs to deal with the shock. Unfortunately Sasha agreed ..... It was a mistake!   Me and and the host, we continued to fill our immature bodies with beer while Misha was proudly knocking over the shots of "the white one" (slang for vodka) telling us that he is the man and we are pussies and chumps who did not support him. Finally we got shitfaced (pig-drunk) and droped off to sleep."   Then the author says that the next morning he discovered that balcony under their balcony was covered with suspicipous stains and finally Misha (vodka boy) confessed that he threw up onto Fedor's balcony. Guys got scared and quietly left the apartment, Sasha (the host) returned there only after three days but fortunately Fedor did not expressed him a displeasure.   All the second part is about author's Army moment when they broadcasted Kharitonov - Alex Emelianenko fight by Russian TV and author's superior officer invited him to watch the fight together and this guy, the colonel, was rooting for "true paratrooper" Kharitonov while the author was supporting his homey, "ex-con" Alex. Alex won and the author was happy, that's all in short.

fishyfish site profile image

10/7/13 7:33 PM by fishyfish

thank you very much, touch, for the translation...  now could someone please translate that so it can be understood by folks that don't speak russian ?

touch site profile image

10/7/13 2:46 PM by touch

Hell man, I can translate that little part of the 2nd part which is really related to Fedor but son I am real disappoint

Fox censored my Chael screen name site profile image

10/7/13 1:11 PM by Fox censored my Chael screen name

Can anyone translate the 2nd part of the story like the first part was translated?

RSGTT_SonOfJockstrap site profile image

10/7/13 12:43 PM by RSGTT_SonOfJockstrap

The guy who was telling the story waited long enough that people grew disinterested. By the time it was posted, I was far too drunk to guess what any of that story meant, and then forgot about the thread until I looked through my subscriptions. I'm sure my situation isn't much different from others. Bump, because this story is awesome.

MMA apparel and training equipment
MMA clothing and gear