Chinzo Machida wants to join Lyoto in UFC

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida's older brother Chinzo has his eyes set on the UFC. The 5th degree black belt in Shotokan karate has not fought since 2005, and is only 1-2 in his MMA career.

Chinzo described his last fight.

"I broke my hand in the first round of my last fight and fought two more rounds, so my bone shattered," he said. "I did one surgery but had to do another with the same hand later. It was a slow recovery, but I’m completely healed now. I've started to become a more complete fighter, training more ground game and wrestling."

He has signed wth Resurrection Fighting Alliance in the featherweight division, and fights Justin Houghton on Nov. 22.

"I’ve been training hard for a long time," Machida told MMAFighting.com. "I did my preparation in Belem, Brazil, but now I’m going to Manchester with Lyoto. After his fight [with Mark Munoz] I’ll finish my preparation in California."

"I’ve seen [Houghton's] fights already. He’s a Muay Thai fighter, likes to stand and fight, but I couldn’t see how his ground game is. It’s an MMA fight. Maybe I’ll have the opportunity to take him down, and I don’t see any problems with that -- but I want to fight him standing."

"The UFC is the biggest promotion in the world, that’s where the best fighters are, but I’ll have to show what I can do to get there. It doesn’t matter if I’m Lyoto’s brother, he did his career and I’m doing mine. I’ll have to win fights to get in the UFC, and that’s why I’m training and fighting for."

Read entire article...

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

tags: UFC   Lyoto Machida (detail)  Chinzo Machida

I AM A MOFO site profile image

10/11/13 4:41 AM by I AM A MOFO

When asked about Chinzo years ago one of the first things Lyoto said was "he is much more aggressive than me".

Pitbull3744 site profile image

10/10/13 6:44 PM by Pitbull3744

Holy shit! Kicked him hard to the body to end that.

hendofanforlife site profile image

10/10/13 5:59 PM by hendofanforlife

chinzo. sounds like a pizza topping.but the real question remains....DOES HE DRINK HIS OWN PEE?

The Nastyness site profile image

10/10/13 5:52 PM by The Nastyness

yep, it's JimmyRustler

Barbalos site profile image

10/10/13 5:36 PM by Barbalos

How old is Chinzo? Wiki says he is the elder brother but by how much it does not say. I think a lot of the older fans are still stuck in this mindset that prime is 30+ in MMA...ludicrous. The only reason it happened like that so far is the shallow (relative to nba nfl etc) talent pool and young age of organized MMA. Within a while anyone over ~32 or whatever will be much more rare than now, if it isn't, that is a problem. Just need guys training from younger, and having their mental and physical peaks not 10 years apart like it is now.

Eisenberg site profile image

10/10/13 5:29 PM by Eisenberg

Meh. Lyoto is already 35, seeing his older brother start a MMA career now isnt exactly exciting. Even if he gets 4-5 wins he would be like 38 by the time he could make it to the UFC. Would they even bother?

FETT_DiscipleDojo site profile image

10/10/13 5:14 PM by FETT_DiscipleDojo

Would LOVE to see another Machida in the UFC!!

KOdClowning site profile image

10/10/13 4:12 PM by KOdClowning

Chinzo will Dominate the UFC roster. I see him fast tracked to a title shot at 155 lbs. He would knock out Grey Maynard and decision/submit Jim Miller. Chinzo gets the better of Lyoto in point sparring/ practice. He is strong, his debut will be the most anticaped since Glover Teixera. Chinzo just had to improve the holes in his grappling which he did. His takedown defense is phenomenal. He would be the best striker at 155. His karate style is very exciting and effective. Only time will tell if he pans out, but given his talent level, He has the best chance to succeed.

Another Foob site profile image

10/10/13 1:38 PM by Another Foob

I'd say that is a fair assessment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4L4jDitr8o

Joshua King site profile image

10/10/13 12:17 PM by Joshua King

He's shattered his hand and lost 2 decisions. I'd say it's a fact.