Maldonado wants Sonnen or Te Huna next

Fabio Maldonado defeated Joey Beltran at Ulimate Fight Night 29, and although he's not a big name yet, he wants a big name fight next:

"Of course I'm serious. I would love to fight Chael Sonnen. I would like to fight James Te Huna. James Te Huna is a great striker and Chael, a lot of people think he would kill my game and that he would be able to tie me up, but I am very well-trained. I count on my friend (Demian Maia ) and all of his people and I can turn it around. It's hard for you to see my ju-jitsu. I know I'm injured, but I can turn it around. If it's James Te Huna, I can do well, also. I think he's (Sonnen) a good fighter and I think he is good for the sport, I'm his fan. He is good for the sport because he says a lot of truth. Of course, sometimes he crosses the line and some things I don't agree with him, but I think he is very good for the sport. I think a fighter can't be afraid to say things. You might not agree with what I'm saying, but, this is me, this is what it is going to be like."

TapouT Chael Sonnen UFC 167 Respect Is Earned Shirt

TapouT Chael Sonnen UFC 167 Respect Is Earned Shirt

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Another Foob site profile image

10/11/13 2:40 PM by Another Foob

Winner of Ryan Jimmo/Jimi Manuwa seems more likely.

Il Duce site profile image

10/11/13 2:57 AM by Il Duce

Te Huna is a huge LHW, Maldonado is an out of shape MW. This shit's not even funny.

GodSaveTheReem site profile image

10/11/13 2:51 AM by GodSaveTheReem

I want to see Maldonado at MW, i feel like he will have a better gas tank and les man-boobish there

Brabatross site profile image

10/11/13 2:14 AM by Brabatross

Maldonando is seriously horrible. After the Beltran fight I have no interest in watching him fight again.

Jambo888 site profile image

10/11/13 2:00 AM by Jambo888

if you're going to continuously wave a guy in and shake your head like his shots don't hurt, shouldn't you KO him or come close?

Jambo888 site profile image

10/11/13 1:59 AM by Jambo888

wow. you only remember the HL reel fights

Kings21 site profile image

10/11/13 1:44 AM by Kings21

I love watching Maldonado fight but at the same time I hate it so much because he looks like he absolutely does not give one single fuck. The guy has some wicked body shots but he fights with his head straight up. Proving you're able to take a lot of big shots is great. Having to prove that every single fight against lower tier fighters just shows you're hard to finish and are good at getting your ass kicked while giving some of it back.Neither him nor Beltran looked good (even though I enjoyed the fight). I think maybe a fight against Te Huna could be good but he's got some huge holes in his game, standing and on the ground. Everyone says they have BJJ but they havent had a chance to show it and every time you hear that, more times than not, the fighter ends up getting thoroughly dominated on the ground. Chael would mop the floor with Maldonado. Stuffing Beltran-takedowns doesnt prove a whole lot.All that said, I'd watch both fights.

ChaosOverkill site profile image

10/11/13 1:36 AM by ChaosOverkill

he complains when anyone doesn't stand with him and he wants the guy who wants to put him on his back.   k.....

SLAPAHOE site profile image

10/11/13 1:34 AM by SLAPAHOE

He needs to fix his down syndrome first

downunderground site profile image

10/11/13 1:16 AM by downunderground

Once te Huna beats shogun in December they won't be matching him with Fabio. And if chael beats rashad he won't be fighting him either. Give him the winner of Jimmo and manuwa