Werdum: I will submit Velasquez

Fabricio Werdum is one of the more prolific jiu-jitsu players in the MMA game, and most noticeable submitted the previously unsubmitted Fedor Emelianenko. Werdum is currently riding a three bout win streak and is aimed directly at a title fight with Velasquez, whom he expects to beat Dos Santos, but whom he also expects he can beat by submission:

"I want the belt, but Cain Velasquez is a good fight for me too, because he takes down guys, and if he takes me down, for sure I'm finishing him. I'll try for sure, I know it's a hard fight. He has good conditioning."

Affliction Cain Velasquez UFC 166 Revolutionary Walkout Shirt

Affliction Cain Velasquez UFC 166 Revolutionary Walkout Shirt

Affliction Cain Velasquez Unity Shirt

Affliction Cain Velasquez Unity Shirt

GreatCornholio site profile image

10/17/13 12:40 PM by GreatCornholio

I don't see him taking Cain down. Cain via TKO.

LayzieTheSavage site profile image

10/17/13 12:21 PM by LayzieTheSavage

TTT

octagon 11 site profile image

10/17/13 12:11 PM by octagon 11

this guy is awesome."Giantkiller"Werdum took out giantsericsson.nelson.Go For T.k.o Instead Of Armbar.Fabracioone of Underated Mma.the Nelson Fight Was One Of Favorites.Nelson Is ToughM.F.Many knees Can You Take.One Of Gruesome.This And Cain Vs Bigfoot.Avisory BloCk PleAse!

BrCutter site profile image

10/17/13 10:16 AM by BrCutter

I think there is no way he can keep u with Cain's cardio, but Werdum's striking is better than Cain's. Cain wears him down in 2 rounds and finishes him. Werdum has rolled out into the second round looking real tired his last fight against Nog and I didn't think that was a good sign. Maybe it was something else though? He unleashed fury against Nelson for 3 straight a few fights ago. ...

BrattMamley site profile image

10/17/13 8:57 AM by BrattMamley

"for sure I'm finishing him. I'll try for sure." So is he surely going to finish him? Or is he just surely going to try?

stop_it_right_meow site profile image

10/17/13 2:31 AM by stop_it_right_meow

TTT

Leck Brosnar site profile image

10/16/13 7:21 AM by Leck Brosnar

This is the fight I want to see, but I think Werdum is just too slow in the end

CapnKindBud site profile image

10/16/13 7:17 AM by CapnKindBud

Cain sets a pace that forces fighters to continuously defend and attack and he capitalizes on mistakes very well.I think that Cain would be very difficult to submit for anyone considering his build. Cain by stoppage in rd 3

Proteus The Invincible site profile image

10/16/13 4:56 AM by Proteus The Invincible

I think many are greatly underestimating Werdum's chances against Cain. The only clear advantage I see Cain having in that fight is with cardio.

caseharts site profile image

10/16/13 3:49 AM by caseharts

I guess someone doesn't agree how good werdum is. That's fine. But he's the best bjj practitioner at hw Imo. The only comparable bjj player in the ufc hw division is gonzaga.