Munoz: I taught [Machida] more than he taught me

Going into this weekend's UFC event in Manchester, Mark Munoz and Lyoto Machida may be slightly better prepared for each other, as they spent some time training together. However, Munoz believes that although Machida will likely utilize some tricks that Munoz taught him, Munoz believes he's the better fight and had more to offer when they trained together:

"I do have some insight to fight the fight the way I want to and I think he knows that and I think he's going to use the tricks that I taught him against me. But, like every other coach and teacher, you have stuff that you can pull out of your sleeves. Having said that, it's going to be a great fight either way. I'm not much of a fighter that is able to kind of have no action. I always want to press the issue or have a passive aggressive style. Lyoto waits for someone to come into him.

It's going to be a great fight and I plan on it. I've learned some stuff from him, too. It goes both ways. I taught him some stuff and he taught me some stuff. For the most part, we were training together. I brought some insight to wrestling and he brought some insight to striking. Yeah, it goes both ways, but I feel I taught him more than he taught me."

Roots of Fight Machida Karate Shirt

Roots of Fight Machida Karate Shirt

Venum Competitor Brazil Inspired Dry Fit Shirt

Venum Competitor Brazil Inspired Dry Fit Shirt

Bucephalus site profile image

10/27/13 6:02 AM by Bucephalus

The real question is did Munoz learn anything yesterday?

Osbot site profile image

10/23/13 12:10 PM by Osbot

Machida also changed his style for Shogun 2. He listened to all the haters and thought he had to be more aggressive.

FETT_ Cains._Burrito_In_My_BrownEye site profile image

10/23/13 11:01 AM by FETT_ Cains._Burrito_In_My_BrownEye

Phil is mich larger, longer, and more explosive than Munoz though.

OneGloveJimmerson site profile image

10/23/13 10:33 AM by OneGloveJimmerson

Machida is not magic. Phil showed good timing and brute driving can get Machida down. Whose to say that if Mark can get the takedown that he doesn't drum Machida's head off the ground like Shogun did.

Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal site profile image

10/23/13 10:28 AM by Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

That's awesome

Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal site profile image

10/23/13 10:26 AM by Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

Just going off the thread title saying that you taught someone more then they taught you really isn't a good thing IMO. Machida by ko

Devlin site profile image

10/23/13 10:17 AM by Devlin

Thats perfect.

octagon 11 site profile image

10/23/13 10:14 AM by octagon 11

Go Machida MUnoz TO SLeep.Lm Has Some POWer K.o.SOmetimes LM SLacks OFF.DayDREam.OTHerwise DAngerous AS KEN S WAs In PRimeDays.RIsing SOn RIse ON SAt.Lm The ONly ONe Close TO WIn OVer BONes.

WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U site profile image

10/23/13 10:01 AM by WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U

He never learned humility, which would be his greatest lesson.