Guillard: I'm the biggest test of Pearson's career

"I'm coming off a one-fight win streak... and I'm still enjoying that ride... It doesn't matter how many wins you rack up in a row, the only thing that matters is the next guy that's in front of you. I'm probably Ross Person's biggest test in his career and I think he knows that as well... I think that's more pressure on him."

Continuing the theme of pressure and mental foibles, Melvin was fairly candid about having his mental game let him down:

"It's tough when you fight in front of your own home. When I fought in Houston that one time [against Joe Lauzon] I was so ready, so overly ready, I got too excited that I couldn't settle myself down. But he may be better able to handle pressure better than I did, so I'm not banking... I'm not gonna bet on him being under the pressure of his home country. I'm expecting the best Ross Pearson. I'm expecting him to come out and bang, I'm expecting him to go down somewhere between the first and second round."

transcription by MMAMania.com...

Affliction Sentient Shirt

Affliction Sentient Shirt

Affliction Divio Divided Shirt

Affliction Divio Divided Shirt

voorhees site profile image

10/24/13 3:31 AM by voorhees

Guillard obviously predicts this fight to end during the first rest period.He said somewhere between the 1st and second round.Idiot.

Joemacka site profile image

10/24/13 3:27 AM by Joemacka

Melvin is too inconsistent

Jarvis73 site profile image

10/24/13 2:37 AM by Jarvis73

I think it's going to a close fight. I hope Ross Wrecks him, do Sunderland proud. Haway Pearson lad

Atkinson site profile image

10/24/13 2:16 AM by Atkinson

Could go either way.. If the best Guillard turns up he KO's Pearson.

Kid Salami site profile image

10/24/13 1:45 AM by Kid Salami

I'm not sure what the UFC record is, but that has got to be coming up on it.

HossPearson site profile image

10/24/13 1:27 AM by HossPearson

Pearson by 720 tornado kick KO inside of 90 seconds. Fairly obvious, IMO.

teamquestnorth site profile image

10/23/13 11:51 PM by teamquestnorth

This fight is extremely hard to call but im going with guillard. The fight will be back and forth but it will be over within 3 minutes.

JStrongMMA site profile image

10/23/13 11:27 PM by JStrongMMA

Should be a good one but Melvin hits insanely hard and he can end the fight quick.Melvin by KO end of rd. 1

Crooklyn site profile image

10/23/13 11:24 PM by Crooklyn

Melvin has had some serious camp issues over the last year. He had a falling out with the Blackzilians which was not the most amicable split. Then he’s hanging in limbo when Team Jackson voted as a unit to not allow him back. He then hopped over to Grudge and trained for 1 fight. He's left Grudge on bad terms over a money dispute. Now he’s at ATT. When you bounce around constantly like that, and you have no real roots and grounded relationships, it definitely has an effect. Bearing that in mind, I have a hard time putting my hard earned money on him when he’s matched similarly with a guy with an equivalent skillset. I take that into heavy consideration before I choose. Remember, Ross has been with Alliance for quite some time and is considered to be a member of the family now. Do you think Melvin has managed to establish that? Is it even possible at this point when he’s spits such vitriol at anyone that he feels isn’t on his side?

donkey guard site profile image

10/23/13 9:20 PM by donkey guard

That's what I was thinking. Melvin wins a fight , loses a fight , wins a fight , loses