Sanchez: Guillard's chin questionable; I feel sorry for him

Diego Sanchez and Melvin Guillard at one-time were training partners at Jackson's, however both moved on, with Sanchez returning. Generally what happens in the gym is supposed to say in the gym, but Guillard recently criticized Sanchez, saying he would knock out Sanchez and had done it before in the gym. Sanchez not one to let his name get disgraced, spoke out in response to Guillard on today's MMA Hour:

I was cool with Melvin Guillard before he said that. Here is the thing with Melvin, okay. The guy is an awesome athlete, he is really good, explosive and really fast; but the dude has got a questionable chin. I'm telling you, I've seen everybody in the gym drop him. I've dropped him two times with a straight left. And that's true, I am not lying. The guy has a questionable chin. Joe Stevenson dropped him with a jab. Joe Lauzon dropped him with a jab. He doesn't have an iron chin like me. For him to say he dropped me all the time is a bunch of bullshit.

You can ask Mike Winkeljohn, you can ask Greg Jackson, you can ask anybody in the gym that was actually there. The coaches are going to say they can't remember they saw the last time Diego get dropped, but, Adlan Amagov dropped me with a kick, a liver kick, that was the hardest I've ever been kicked. But, yeah, I don't get dropped very much. If it is, it's with a body kick or something like that. But, it's part of the sport.

For him to say he drops me all the time, that is the biggest, untrue biggest shit I've ever heard in my life. I feel sorry for Melvin that he has to drop that low to bring himself up, or try to bring himself up because it really makes him look stupid. Because he's lying. I think the guy is just lost because he can't find a camp. He's here, he's there, he's moving from Albuquerque to Houston to Dallas to Denver to Top Team. He has a lot of talent but I don't know what will make him talk crap about me."

transcription by MMAMania.com...

Affliction Divio Divided Shirt

Affliction Divio Divided Shirt

Affliction Sentient Shirt

Affliction Sentient Shirt

BTT-RyannVonDoom site profile image

10/29/13 7:07 PM by BTT-RyannVonDoom

Him as a person. Respect him as a fighter

CaptChaos site profile image

10/29/13 6:00 PM by CaptChaos

I always find it amazing when people try so hard to find fault in others. Look who cares if Diego got dropped in a particular fight? He's a warrior and alway has been. He's 24-6. Look at the guys he lost to... Kos... Ok he lost fair and squareFitch... Diego pushed the pace and lost by spiltBJ Penn... BJ was at his best at that timeHathaway... Diego was not mentally there for that fightEllenberger... Lost by dec but was coming on strong. He probably wins a 5 rounderMelendez... Lost by dec but came on strong... May have won a 5 rounderThe guy has never been in a boring fight. He's as tough as they come. A fighter's chin is generally not something they can control. Some guys get dropped easy and some don't. Diego's chin has always been very solid. He's never been KO'd in 30 fights. Where's the love for this warrior!I think he handled Melvin's comments wih class!

Wicked smahtMF site profile image

10/29/13 4:10 PM by Wicked smahtMF

old news is old, Diego.

GayGuardMooseSaucy site profile image

10/29/13 4:09 PM by GayGuardMooseSaucy

Not sure if incapable of looking up fight metric and seeing no knockdown was recoded.

MrHughes1991 site profile image

10/29/13 4:02 PM by MrHughes1991

Not sure if trolling. Melvin definitely fell. Lauzon didn't take him down

GayGuardMooseSaucy site profile image

10/29/13 3:41 PM by GayGuardMooseSaucy

He got wobbled but Lauzon took him down before a knockdown was recorded.

super nintendo site profile image

10/29/13 3:14 PM by super nintendo

You don't like mma if you hate Diego

ausgepicht site profile image

10/29/13 2:58 PM by ausgepicht

I guess re-reading doesn't help. amazing.

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap site profile image

10/29/13 11:09 AM by IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap

You're dumb lol

AWdub site profile image

10/29/13 10:57 AM by AWdub

Lauzon def dropped Melvin with a jab. Melvin went stanky legged and fell and Joe took his back.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!