Fight for the Forgotten begins

Justin Wren left for the Congo on Tuesday. and will spend the next year trying to free 1,000 Mbuti Pygmy slaves at great physical peril. His Fight for the Forgotten project aims to barter their freedom, move them onto already-purchased land, and teach them self-sustainable skills.

Wren's story is being being chronicled by SI MMA writer and New York Times bestselling author Loretta Hunt. Howard Books, the Christian imprint of Simon & Schuster, has bought the book, which will be titled Fight for the Forgotten.

Wren just arrived in Uganda (via Bagdad and Qatar) and was able to post on Facebook:
•Made it safe! In Uganda shopping for enough PVC & Steel pipe to drill 8 water wells! That is 50, 20 foot long pipes! #FightForTheForgotten
•Excited to have made two great new friends in a short two days in Uganda. They are helping me over and above in acquiring everything I need for Congo. I love this continent! With Thomas Cox from Water4 & Ugandan music/TV star Maurice Kirya. If this reaches anyone in Uganda, come out to the grand opening of The Sound Cup Coffeehouse in Garden City.

Justin plans to leave Uganda after the weekend and drive into the Congo rainforest to begin implementing the plan.

For more information, please check out fightfortheforgotten.com/

DONATION LINK

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

justinthevikingwren site profile image

11/28/13 9:22 PM by justinthevikingwren

Thanks!

staygreenponyboy site profile image

11/27/13 7:51 PM by staygreenponyboy

Was just telling some of my coworkers about your great deeds. Stay strong big guy!

justinthevikingwren site profile image

11/27/13 6:32 PM by justinthevikingwren

Not out of the woods yet, my esophagus and throat is raw from vomiting so much. My fever fluctuated for the fourth (almost fifth) day in a row up to 103.8 and all the way down to 94.1and is nnow back to 102.8. I'm on my fifth IV and 3 docs and 3 nurses are rotating 24 hr watch, plus my team has been by my side the whole time. BLESSED for that. Please pray or happy thoughts my way... GREAT things are to come!

TempestPrime15 site profile image

11/27/13 12:38 PM by TempestPrime15

We all need to keep Justin in our thoughts and prayers. He is currently battling a case of typhoid and malaria. He is on medication and fighting back. He updated a couple of days ago on Facebook and they may be a thread about it here already but, if not I thought I'd add this.

The Mongoose site profile image

11/26/13 10:28 PM by The Mongoose

God bless people who are willing to make civilizations better.. No matter where or who they are

TampabayMMA site profile image

11/16/13 4:47 PM by TampabayMMA

His chances of survival diminish with every day in the warzone. I just googled Bunia, and its no wonder no charity will go there to help the pygmies, its completely lawless and life is cheap. Too bad he couldnt have trained his team stateside, and only go to Africa to execute mission. That makes it twice as dangerous.

FETT_DiscipleDojo site profile image

11/16/13 2:48 PM by FETT_DiscipleDojo

Justin went off this morning on Facebook about the lackadasical attitude of comfort found in most American churches. He continues dropping the truth bombs even from within the jungle. :)

newbie2013 site profile image

11/16/13 11:48 AM by newbie2013

TTT

devilishstoner site profile image

11/14/13 11:09 PM by devilishstoner

ttt

loretta site profile image

11/14/13 1:24 PM by loretta

UPDATE: Justin has made it safely into the Congo and is currently with colleagues in Bunia, a city outside the jungle. Justin wants to teach the water-well technology to his team and plan out strategy, so they can head into the forest for the Pygmies and not waste any time helping them. I'll let you know when the jungle trek begins.Thank you again to all that have shown interest, support and donated to this project. The donations and positive thoughts are going to good use.Loretta HuntCo-Author "Fight for the Forgotten"