Roy Nelson wants a rematch with Cormier

FigthHubTV's Marcos Villegas caught up with Roy Nelson, and discussed his loss to Daniel Cormier at UFC 166 last month. Although Cormier outwrestled Nelson (three takedowns to 0 according to FightMetic) and outstruck him by a 74-17 margin, Nelson feels he was outpointed but did not receive an old school beatdown, and wants a rematch.

"I didn't feel like it was a fight, just a good sparring match," says Big Country. "I was back in the gym on Monday."

"I just got out pointed. It's nothing against Daniel. You know, Daniel - excellent game plan, played it to a tee. I just wish I had two more rounds. That's about it. Daniel won that night, and he was the better guy. I'd definitely like to do a rematch. I'd fight anybody that I ever lost to."

(3:00 min mark)

Fear the Fighter Boxing Club 2013 Shirt

Fear the Fighter Boxing Club 2013 Shirt

Fear the Fighter Roy Nelson UFC 166 Walkout Shirt

Fear the Fighter Roy Nelson UFC 166 Walkout Shirt

funwithbakedgoods site profile image

11/5/13 4:47 PM by funwithbakedgoods

lol at lardo doing ANYTHING to warrant a rematch

MMA6053 site profile image

11/5/13 12:02 AM by MMA6053

you have got to be f##^#$#! kidding.both fighters looked gassed after the first minute of the fight.

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe site profile image

11/4/13 10:36 PM by HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Ya know?

CreepyCameOnMyAngel site profile image

11/4/13 9:31 PM by CreepyCameOnMyAngel

After every loss, I just hope that he gets in shape and takes it seriously. Never happens. I honestly think an in-shape 225lb Roy with good cardio and a better camp could wreck shop. And if he can get to 205, even better. What camp would be perfect for Roy? I would say AKA, but obviously that won't work. If they have some bigger guys to spar with, then team alpha male.

Kings21 site profile image

11/4/13 9:09 PM by Kings21

Roy is on some of that King Mo shit.

ChokeEmOut site profile image

11/4/13 8:51 PM by ChokeEmOut

What? Cormier has done nothing but regress. He does little to nothing trying to get a win at this point and he's barely started.

FedorEmilioEstevez site profile image

11/4/13 8:25 PM by FedorEmilioEstevez

I'd watch a rematch at LHW

KingofBJJ site profile image

11/4/13 7:34 PM by KingofBJJ

Sorry roy, but you don't deserve a re-match and besides Cormier is dropping to LHW.

Android User site profile image

11/4/13 11:55 AM by Android User

Title makes it seem as if Roy is actively seeking a rematch with Cormier because of something unfair or something like that, but I understand why "would want" is less appealing. Must be a slow news day...

Poindexter site profile image

11/4/13 11:50 AM by Poindexter

I like Roy, but he did nothing to earn a rematch. The fight wasn't close, neither was his last. His style and approach is proven to be flawed and beatable. If he doesn't catch his opponent with a big shot early he's got next to nothing. He's got plan A, and then plan B is to keep trying plan A only with less speed and power (and more predictability) as the match goes on.

MMA clothing and gear