St-Pierre defeats Hendricks by razor-thin split decision

The UFC 167 main event featured a UFC world welterweight title fight between champion Georges St-Pierre and challenger Johny Hendricks.

Title Fight Georges "Rush" St-Pierre Vs. Johny Hendricks
Fight was scheduled for 5 rounds (5x5x55x5x5) - Fight was for the Welterweight Title
Name Georges St-Pierre <a href=Georges St-Pierre" src="http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=1E5A3ACF-1D09-6BFC-E5F34A9DC81C527A.jpg" />
Height 5′ 11″ (180.34 cm)
Weight 170 (77.11 kg)
Record 24-2-0
Team Tristar Gym
VS
Name Johny Hendricks <a href=Johny Hendricks" src="http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&rs=100&q=75&x=0&y=-2&w=90&h=120&ro=0&s=CA5BB4B3-1D09-6BFC-E56D878DEE2E658F.jpg" />
Height 5′ 9″ (175.26 cm)
Weight 170 (77.11 kg)
Record 15-1-0
Team

-Georges St-Pierre defeated Johny Hendricks by Split Decision (48-47, 47-48, 48-47)

Affliction GSP Team St. Pierre Shirt

Affliction GSP Team St. Pierre Shirt

Affliction GSP Royal Guard UFC 167 Walkout Shirt

Affliction GSP Royal Guard UFC 167 Walkout Shirt

mixedmartianartist site profile image

11/17/13 10:18 PM by mixedmartianartist

and what do you think of GSP? ...you think he's sexy don't you. lol

mixedmartianartist site profile image

11/17/13 10:15 PM by mixedmartianartist

oh man.. it's getting worse and worse. no wonder he wants time off. take note kids, HGH will not make you a good fighter. but good looks and a french accent will get bitches to like you.

MMA Lives Here site profile image

11/17/13 8:31 PM by MMA Lives Here

lol at this guy

DBlades site profile image

11/17/13 8:25 PM by DBlades

The whole "damage" argument is stupid imo.Should a guy with a weak chin and who's full of scar tissue, be subject to an unfair disadvantage? Hendricks wobbled him once, and hit him clean a fair amount, but I feel GSP hit him more and sometimes "harder", from a viewing perspective anyways.I don't think damage should be a factor in the final outcome, but as a viewer it is awfully hard to separate the two. Props to the Judges for being able to do that, I guess. I believe this was a lot closer of a fight than people are giving GSP credit for, Hendricks is a huge douche, and at the end of the day either man could have one, in that instance I would agree that you have to give it to the champ. Though I kind of wish Hendricks had of won, so Condit can go kick the shit out of this punk.

dhill1974 site profile image

11/17/13 7:12 PM by dhill1974

George, Rory. Head movement. That is all.

NFABeeJay site profile image

11/17/13 5:20 PM by NFABeeJay

Re watched.1st toss up but I gave it to Johnny for the strikes and elbows he delivered while have the whizer.2nd Hendricks3rd Toss up(gave to GSP)4th Hendricks5th GSPWhen going into the 5th I was thinking this fight is either 4-0 JH or split 2-2. I got 48-47 Hendricks. Great Fight.

Thuglife13 site profile image

11/17/13 5:11 PM by Thuglife13

Hendricks - "Yea I was only throwing 70% power in my punches. I didn't need to throw any harder because they were hurting him. It was enough".Seems legitRashad's voice - "You don't believe that"

Dexter Morgan site profile image

11/17/13 5:06 PM by Dexter Morgan

GSP won round 3 only.The judges are either taking bribes or smoking crack.

The Sultan site profile image

11/17/13 4:41 PM by The Sultan

Hendricks is a douche

xaeo site profile image

11/17/13 4:31 PM by xaeo

lol @ people arguing. People who think Hendricks won aren't gonna convince people who think gsp won otherwise. might as well argue about god while you're at it.