Askren: I'll fight GSP or MacDonald for free

Ben Askren has an unblemished professional record and was the Bellator welterweight champion before being released from his contract. He is also a former Olympian, however as of right now, UFC President Dana White does not want to offer him a contract. Asken himself wants to fight in the best in the world, even if it means not making money to do so:

"I have already told Dana, obviously via twitter, not face-to-face, I don't have his cell phone number; I told him I would fight 'GSP' for free if I lost. If I lost, you don't have to pay me anything, that's how confident in my abilities I am. Now, I'll make a new offer to Dana. Obviously, 'GSP' and Hendricks are going to have a rematch, barring 'GSP's' retirement, which I don't think is going to stand. That was in the heat of the moment.

Rory MacDonald is another guy that, he really just bugs me and he irks me. It was really nice to see him get knocked off his pedestal on Saturday night, but, if Dana White were willing, if I lost to him (Rory), I would fight for free and retire from the sport of MMA because that's how confident I am that I will beat Rory MacDonald. I am not completely financially motivated, I obviously want to make a living, but at the same time, I want to beat the best guys in the world."

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Venum Skintex Sparring MMA Gloves

Venum Skintex Sparring MMA Gloves

Tatami Multi Flex NO GI Fight Shorts

Tatami Multi Flex NO GI Fight Shorts

bjjdna site profile image

11/21/13 3:15 PM by bjjdna

lol at the Askren haters telling Ben to get a life. bawawawawawa!!!Ben has accomplished more in his life than all you turds put together...and then someThe nonfight knowing Askren haters posting here care more about being entertained and riding Dana's nuts than determining the ultimate fighter - it's fucking patheticIf your goal is to win the fight, vs entertaining nonfight knowing tards who think having "balls" in a fight means trading strikes, then you better learn how to fucking grapple. For grapplers it's about about controlling position. Ben's been training FULL TIME his ENTIRE LIFE to get the td and control the position, and he's the best in the world at it. Positional dominance round after round impacts a fighters psychy and takes away any realistic hope for victory. Controlling the top position and beating your opponent down until you break his will - until he is physically exhausted and mentally broken - that's Ben's game; everyone knows it, and nobody can stop it.and fyi...here is a pic of the last guy that called Ben "a lay n pray pussy and not a real figher" http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/bjjdna/64201_603008829726360_1089612432_n1_zps3bf317d3.jpg

VadimWhite site profile image

11/21/13 11:01 AM by VadimWhite

LOL the "the wars I've been and what I know".There is no "winning the debate" for the guy, who bases his points on something he cannot prove.Which is you, of course.You can, of course, say whatever you want - but that won't be winning the debate. That would be exactly what is - worthless blabbering.Every little troll on the board can claim that he knows something, that he's experienced enough to base his opinion.The deal is, none of them can prove it. And that's why people like you are just background that isn't worth mentioning.If I were real Ben Askren and you were standing in front of me, you were standing silent without saying a word.And he'd just laugh at your face.

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT site profile image

11/21/13 10:46 AM by VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT

Yea...instead of showcasing elite level grappling he should get tatted up, get a mohawk and throw heavy overhands while he stands in front of his opponent because that's all MMA fans want to see. Forget that he is undefeated and breaks guys down until they wilt. Forget that he is one of the most decorated wrestlers in history. Elite level wrestling has no place in MMA.Give me a break, guy.

CapnKindBud site profile image

11/21/13 10:37 AM by CapnKindBud

Well Askren, since you are defending yourself here. Why don't you try to win the debate rather than try to insult me. You have no ammo, that's why. You just talk shit. Why don't you try to show me how Askren (you) fights with balls? Because he (you) never fights that way. It's always try to either fence hump the guy or do ANYTHING that he (you) can to avoid a fight . He (you) always tries to avoid the fight. And then he (you) talks a bunch of shit on the internet which causes people like me to say "fuck that, you suck!" .Maybe if the guy (you) wasn't so obviously afraid to engage, he (you) would have more fans.I can say whatever the fuck I want to, pal.And if you don't like it......tough shit.You have no idea the wars I've been in an what I know. So keep your insults to yourself or just know that they do not affect my opinion and won't stop me from expressing it. Get a life and stop hiding behind Vanna Whites stage name.

VadimWhite site profile image

11/21/13 6:17 AM by VadimWhite

Here it goes again. Another repetition of the same thing over and over, even though I shoved the facts straight to your face.Denial is definitely not just the river in Egypt.

VadimWhite site profile image

11/21/13 6:15 AM by VadimWhite

I brought it up not because I felt any need to make a research on you.Click on your name is the biggest amount of attention you'll get from me. You don't really think I'll waste my time on watching your fights, do ya? :)

VadimWhite site profile image

11/21/13 6:13 AM by VadimWhite

So the "wrestle fucks" make their faces beaten up?

VadimWhite site profile image

11/21/13 6:12 AM by VadimWhite

Well, I do appreciate intelligent people having their way, and I know how hard it is even to study engineering - I myself am not an engineer, but I work with some biomedical engineers, so I know how hard it is even to finish the studying of it, so my hat is off.And I'm glad that you can continue with what you're able to do, when one career isn't going well (and it's clear that your MMA career wasn't going well).However, I brought it not because I was losing our debate.In fact, it's pretty clear that I was winning it - since your only response to my counterarguments was the repetitive phrase "it was boring, it was boring".Repeating the same phrase in different variations definitely won't make the case any convincing, or closer to truth.I showed you clearly that Askren's strikes couldn't be "pitter patter" as you called them, because of the effect on the opponents, yet you insisted, saying the same thing all over again.So I suggested, that the reason of your stubbornness is jealousy, and even though I can negate now that possibility, I still can suggest that you'd still wish to be more successful in MMA and have a wrestling base like Askren's, that would've given you an opportunity to train and to study/work in the same time.I didn't need to go to the MMA side, because I'm just a fan of MMA. I dedicated myself to the field of science and I'm successful enough in it to take care of the family and to buy a new house. So why do you even ask the question?P.S. One of the CLEAR indications that you weren't too successful as a mixed martial artist is the fact, that DanTheWolfman actually DOES appreciate Askren fights, and he even mentioned, that a person that understands grappling should appreciate it as well.Clearly you do not.

ABE FROMAN CRE-AMED ME site profile image

11/21/13 2:44 AM by ABE FROMAN CRE-AMED ME

Me either. It's very intriguing to me, probably because I actually like MMA. The only guys against Askren fighting in the UFC are fraud fans, people that Askren personally insulted or confused idiots.

cumprido1 site profile image

11/20/13 9:33 PM by cumprido1

I don't think anyone can avoid being put on their back against him

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!