Machida: I don't want to fight Anderson Silva

Lyoto Machida has successfully made his move to the middleweight division, the same division of long-time friend Anderson Silva. Machida has made it clear he is working towards a title fight, but would still like to avoid a fight with his friend if possible:

"I don’t want this fight," Machida said. "We’re close, and we have the same manager. He’s fighting for the belt, and I’m still far from it. It’s hard to talk about it now. I don’t know if we will cross paths one day. Let’s let things happen and decide what to do. You have to be prepared to face to situation. You have to talk about it."

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

Venum Competitor Brazil Inspired Dry Fit Shirt

Venum Competitor Brazil Inspired Dry Fit Shirt

Foos site profile image

11/19/13 7:18 PM by Foos

Dana: Oh it will fucking happen! ohdelicious.jpg

RyannVonDoom site profile image

11/19/13 7:16 PM by RyannVonDoom

Lol

ChaosOverkill site profile image

11/19/13 6:55 PM by ChaosOverkill

I GUARANTEE they will fight, because well live in the Running Man, and I am Richard Dawson.   -Danurrr

Authority Figure site profile image

11/19/13 6:52 PM by Authority Figure

This.

duckhuntgangsta site profile image

11/19/13 6:23 PM by duckhuntgangsta

Lyoto wants the belt. He looks at the IFC as competition were Andy might see it more as a fight. The fight will never happen. I think Machida is being smart so he doesn't upset the UFC and get Rory McDonalded out of title shots.

hubris site profile image

11/19/13 5:55 PM by hubris

Anderson Silva money will change minds

DaemonDragon site profile image

11/19/13 3:14 PM by DaemonDragon

Machida doesn't really rule it out. I mean "let's let things happen" hardly sounds like a definitive "I won't fight this guy".Lyoto has always seemed much more willing to do this fight than Anderson.I think the only reason Lyoto gives these half-assed "I don't want to fight Anderson...but let's let things happen" is because he doesn't want to upset Anderson. He knows Anderson is very sensitive about this stuff.But I'm definitely getting the vibe that Lyoto would fight Anderson if it was for the belt.Which is a fight many have said would be a sparring match between friends - but I doubt it. If Lyoto took that fight, I think Anderson would lose it and try to maul Lyoto in the fight. I don't think it would be a sparring session at all. Pissed off Anderson ain't nothing to fuck with, as Vitor learned.

duckhuntgangsta site profile image

11/19/13 3:13 PM by duckhuntgangsta

They'd each have to win.Machida wants Andy to win. If Andy does, he will give up the belt. I get the feeling Andy wants to avenge the loss but doesn't want to remain champ. He was champ for a long time. He might be ready to move on.

SQUEEZIE site profile image

11/19/13 3:11 PM by SQUEEZIE

double ko, by karate kid kicks!

SQUEEZIE site profile image