Story wants top ten opponent next

Before a controversial decision to Georges St-Pierre, Johny Hendricks had only been beaten by one man: Rick Story. Since that win over Hendricks Story has gone 3-4, putting himself out of title contention, but he believes he's ready again for a top ten opponent:

“I want to fight anyone in the top-10,” Story told MMAjunkie Radio. “I just want to get back in the top-10 of the world.”

Fortunately for story, UFC 167 was a fight card that featured five welterweight bouts, meaning there’s no shortage of potential opponents running on a similar fight schedule.

One fighter who did catch Story’s eye after his preliminary card victory was Tyron Woodley, a former Strikeforce title challenger who earned the “Knockout of the Night” against Josh Koscheck on the pay-per-view.

“I’d fight Woodley,” Story said. “I just care to fight someone in the top-10.”

Affliction GSP Team St. Pierre Shirt

Affliction GSP Team St. Pierre Shirt

Affliction GSP Royal Guard UFC 167 Walkout Shirt

Affliction GSP Royal Guard UFC 167 Walkout Shirt

UGCTT_GSP_Won_WOOHOO site profile image

11/21/13 11:56 AM by UGCTT_GSP_Won_WOOHOO

Woodley would smash him

fightharder site profile image

11/21/13 11:53 AM by fightharder

Let him fight Rory...I know they train together but it would still be a very fair test to Rory and Story equally.And frankly, if Rory loses he can officially say the "hype" train died down.The Woodley fight would be interesting as well. Story looked good btw. Rather not see him fighting a snoozefest vs Shields. Shields deserves someone in the top five anyways!

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT site profile image

11/21/13 11:46 AM by VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT

No..those are accurate. Maia also above Shields after Shields just beat him. Sounds legit.

ranier wolfcastle site profile image

11/21/13 11:39 AM by ranier wolfcastle

first rinkings i found on google, perhaps theyre a few weeks old   story vs shields sounds fun

tjmitchiscool site profile image

11/21/13 10:13 AM by tjmitchiscool

Whose garbage rankings are those?? Matt Brown below kampmann wtf..?

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT site profile image

11/21/13 9:19 AM by VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT

Because those rankings are awful. They never make any sense. I hate their forums but Sherdog generally has the most logical rankings of all of them.

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT site profile image

11/21/13 9:17 AM by VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT

Ah..didn't know that. Then yea, Stun gun would make sense.

publics_lowDown_brazilianWax site profile image

11/21/13 8:54 AM by publics_lowDown_brazilianWax

cant blame him for trying to fight the best. A fucking warrior.

stonepony site profile image

11/21/13 8:28 AM by stonepony

He's just got to put it together. He needs to be more active with the leg kicks.He is already a bigger striking threat at all three levels (head, body, legs), than anybody I can think of off the top of my head. They made the Wanderlei comparison, and I don't think that's even close (they were talking about body blows).He has the tools to be a more dangerous and more aggressive Johnny Hendricks. IMO.

Big Pookie site profile image

11/21/13 8:15 AM by Big Pookie

I think he's a top 10 talent, but I can't justify ranking him there yet. Since beating Alves, he's gone 3-4 with wins against Brock Jardine, Quinn Mulhern and Ebersole. Not a top 10 resume.I like the Woodley fight. Or maybe Matt Brown after Condit beats him.

MMA apparel and training equipment
BLACK FRIDAY