Gonzaga: I want to be the UFC champion

Gabriel Gonzaga is 4-1 since returning to the UFC after being released and is hoping to crack into the top five in the division, and earn himself a world title fight:

"I wasn’t sure what did I want in the past," he said on his retirement in 2010, "but now I know that I want to be the UFC champion."

"I believe I can beat anyone, but you have to have some luck when the time comes. I lost to Randy Couture because of an accident during the fight, and I believe things could have been different if I had better luck."

Gonzaga has earned a shot to the UFC gold in 2007, after he stopped Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, but was defeated by Couture four months later. More experienced, "Napao" believes he can beat anyone, including Cain Velasquez, to become the best in the world.

"(Velasquez) is a tough fighter, but everybody looks up to the champion and studies his games," he said. "He has some flaws in his game, and I’d need to be ready for this fight."

Shock Doctor Ultra LAX Short with BioFlex Cup

Shock Doctor Ultra LAX Short with BioFlex Cup

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

joker271 site profile image

11/29/13 11:13 AM by joker271

i really want to believe you this time.a month from his fight with randy he was out at lido getting drunk!he needs to come in shape and i dont see how you can beat him

Rambo John J site profile image

11/29/13 11:01 AM by Rambo John J

"Sometimes you like something, don't work for nothing. Nice."     This video made my day, Napao is such a savage.

minotauro11 site profile image

11/29/13 10:50 AM by minotauro11

This video changed my life.

RuthlessOwnedKeithBacne site profile image

11/29/13 7:52 AM by RuthlessOwnedKeithBacne

Lol who the hell doesn't want to be champion? "Yeah I'm only fighting in the UFC to try and be the best gatekeeper ever! "Gonzaga is always fun to watch, but no one's taking that belt from Cain imo. At least no one at the moment. JDS will murder every contender until someone new and unstoppable comes along. I just don't think Gabe is that guy.

The Principal site profile image

11/29/13 7:44 AM by The Principal

Indeed, would be nice for Gabriel if he could get another fight and beat him. I don't know how possible a third match up is.

PermitMeFisticuffsBrother site profile image

11/29/13 7:28 AM by PermitMeFisticuffsBrother

I want Christina Hendricks to sit on my face but that aint happening either. I think that the WarHamster beats him to a bloody pulp which is a shame as Gonzaga is the reason I spat gatorade out of my nose while watching him run and dive into a wall!

Good Sir site profile image

11/28/13 3:20 AM by Good Sir

'The Gonzaga era'. That would be hilarious

Chagrin site profile image

11/28/13 2:43 AM by Chagrin

I thought the phrase "knows how to peel a banana" was meant to be a euphemism for his submission skills. Like peel a banana = rip off a limb.But then I saw the video and now I can't stop fucking laughing.

Naderhood site profile image

11/28/13 12:44 AM by Naderhood

War Gabe!

NatualBornTickler site profile image

11/28/13 12:39 AM by NatualBornTickler

This is amazing, been peeling bananas like a fool for sooo long

MMA clothing and gear