Corassani: It was the worst f–king feeling I’ve ever felt in my life

“It was the worst f–king feeling I’ve ever felt in my life,” Corassani admits.

Corassani (12-3 MMA, 3-0 UFC) was sitting in a plastic surgeon’s office, beginning the reconstruction process for his nose necessitated when Maximo Blanco (9-5-1 MMA, 1-2 UFC) landed an illegal knee during their matchup at this past Saturday’s The Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale event.

A few days removed from the bout, Corassani admitted he still doesn’t remember exactly how it all played out.

“I knew that that the first two minutes of the fight were going to be tough,” Corassani. “I was prepared mentally, physically, spiritually, because we knew he was going to swarm. The plan was to counter and pivot and weather the storm before turning the momentum and trying to knock him out.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

JAKKS Pacific Exclusive Series 0 (Zero) Rashad Evans Action Figure

JAKKS Pacific Exclusive Series 0 (Zero) Rashad Evans Action Figure

tags: Akira Corassani

Flexo site profile image

12/4/13 9:37 AM by Flexo

Wish i didn't delete this off my pvr so fast.

Achilles is the GOAT site profile image

12/4/13 9:21 AM by Achilles is the GOAT

"the plan was to weather the storm for the first two minutes"What a coincidence we only saw the first two minutes...

Oontyex site profile image

12/4/13 9:04 AM by Oontyex

No one is doubting he got his nose broke (although I don't see how you can bd confident it was that knee and not all the other hard shots),My question is simple, if he wasn't acting (or at least playing it up) how do you explain the huge difference in his behavior before vs after being told the strike was illegal ?

purist site profile image

12/4/13 7:29 AM by purist

I'm pretty sure Hamid Corassani is the name he went by when he fought on the Euro scene before he was on TUF. I don't remember him calling himself Akira before that, but I could be wrong.

GSPsShadyHandWraps site profile image

12/4/13 7:13 AM by GSPsShadyHandWraps

What hate? Its clear that the UG internet warriors are both professional fighters and medical experts, they clearly know the symptoms of concussion and brain trauma so they have accurately reached the conclusion that Mr Corassani was faking

PermitMeFisticuffsBrother site profile image

12/4/13 7:02 AM by PermitMeFisticuffsBrother

when you get ur nose broken it swells around the insides of your eyes - when mine was done it was like there was a pencil stuck in the corner of each eye. couldn't see a damn thing. Also - was not faking it, looked like Rampage after he fought Shogun

nolabrum site profile image

12/4/13 3:41 AM by nolabrum

True

kingkoopa site profile image

12/4/13 3:39 AM by kingkoopa

If the rules allowed those knees no one would b discussing thisThey should b legal and he should have defended accordingly

nolabrum site profile image

12/4/13 3:37 AM by nolabrum

His nose is broken that is a fact. It happened because of an illegal blow. Fight could not continue. That is a fact not my opinion.

Hunto's Huckleberries site profile image

12/4/13 3:36 AM by Hunto's Huckleberries

Allegedly.

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!