Cormier will 'hurt' Evans, but 'won't like it'

In dropping to lightheavyweight, Daniel Cormer wanted an immediate shot at Jon Jones' title, but the UFC had a different plan. Instead Cormier will face colleague and friend, Rashad Evans in his first bout in his new weight division. Although he doesn't dislike Evans, and works with him on FOX Sports, he'll have no problem hurting him in the cage:

"I offered them (UFC) up a whole bunch of different scenarios and this was the fight that was going to happen. I would have preferred to fight someone else, but the UFC are going to make the fights and its our job to fight. I care about him a ton and I think he's a great guy, but now it's time to get down to business and were going to get in that cage and I have to try and hurt him. I can't go into the cage feeling like I don't want to hurt my buddy because otherwise he is going to hurt me and beat me and that will set me back and keep me from obtaining my goals."

Jaco Logo Shirt

Jaco Logo Shirt

Jaco Rashad Evans Suga Shirt

Jaco Rashad Evans Suga Shirt

sarcotraps site profile image

12/11/13 1:12 PM by sarcotraps

Rashad will be afraid to atempt a take down so he will try to stand and get knocked out. I know cormier is a great wrestler but anyone can be taken down.

Delorian site profile image

12/11/13 11:12 AM by Delorian

Rashad is going to fuck Cormier up.

FreeVNasty site profile image

12/11/13 10:58 AM by FreeVNasty

To anyone suggesting that this fight will be close if both guys are at their best, or that Rashad will actually beat Cormier, i have a legitimate question; How? How will it be close? Don't talk to me about speed, because speed means nothing if youa)aren't a necessarily technically sound striker, which Rashad isn'tb) can't move out of the way of punches, which Rashad doesn'tRashad is not a technical striker. He isn't a guy who controls people with a jab and leads them into punches. Cormier has much better striking than Rashad, that much is not even debatable, he knows how to throw punches, he punches faster than Rashad, he moves better than Rashad, he avoids damage better than Rashad, Rashad's biggest attribute is the ability to switch from strikes to takedowns, which he excels at. He has one of the cleanest double legs in the game right now, but he isn't going to take Cormier down, so that doesn't matter. What exactly does Rashad do to threaten Cormier?I know idiots on this forum don't like him because they're crybabies about him acting like an athlete rather than acting like a fighter, but use one ounce of sense and realize that there aren't many guys in these two divisions that even realistically threaten Cormier at his best.

DoomFarmer site profile image

12/11/13 12:24 AM by DoomFarmer

Well, now my eyes have been opened.My god!!!Stop this hatred and madness!!!It's so unfair!!!Brothas gotta support one another, not fight one another!

Dznuts site profile image

12/10/13 9:33 PM by Dznuts

Hectic matchup. I don't think it will be that one-sided.

Malvert the Janitor site profile image

12/10/13 7:33 PM by Malvert the Janitor

Kos needs to drop the bleach and rock his natural locks, IMO!

wasssp site profile image

12/10/13 7:26 PM by wasssp

Koscheck/WoodleyKosheck/HieronKoscheck/Anthony JohnsonKoscheck/ Frank TriggRashad/Phil Daviscountless others and now ... Cormier/Evans

The Winter Soldier site profile image

12/10/13 6:59 PM by The Winter Soldier

If Dolce is working with Cormier with his diet at least Dan will get a free t-shirt.

Ktaco site profile image

12/10/13 6:31 PM by Ktaco

Why do people assume DC is going to have a bad weight cut? He weighed in at 224lbs against Roy. I think he is working on cutting weight everyday and is going to do it smart. Definitely doesn't want a repeat of the health problems he had when cutting for wrestling.

basswork site profile image

12/10/13 6:17 PM by basswork

This reminds me of Will Farrell in the episode of east bound and down where he says his wife "does not like it" when he gets on tapa her. Thrusting down

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!