Sonnen: Evans a lousy tipper

Although Rashad Evans beat Chael Sonnen with ease in their lightheavyweight showdown, that will probably never stop Sonnen from trash-talking. As colleagues on Fox Sports Live, Sonnen and Evans continue to jab at each other, with Sonnen landing the most recent shot, giving Evans crap his tipping at a restaurant:

That's according to the man he laid the smack down upon, Chael Sonnen, who blew the whistle on "Suga" after they had dinner with FOX Sports colleague Jay Glazer and ran up a $700 tab. As it turns out, former San Francisco 49ers General Manager Eddie DeBartolo picked up the tab, which means those three stooges sat there for four hours and it didn't cost them a dime.

All they had to do was pick up the tip.

According to Sonnen, Evans volunteered for the job and left a whopping $20 for services rendered, then proceeded to stiff the valet when they jumped in a cab to beat feet.

Jaco Logo Shirt

Jaco Logo Shirt

TapouT Chael Sonnen UFC 167 Respect Is Earned Shirt

TapouT Chael Sonnen UFC 167 Respect Is Earned Shirt

Ryan Black site profile image

12/15/13 1:40 AM by Ryan Black

@Wriggling Grunion: legit LOL. Yeeeeaa... that would certainly be an awkwardly hilarious scenario.

Ryan Black site profile image

12/15/13 1:36 AM by Ryan Black

I wouldn't say that exactly. Stay-at-home moms, college students, retirees that got bored with being retired, people that enjoy the job and/or have dreams/aspirations of owning their own restaurant one day, and other people from all walks of life work in the service industry. There are definitely people who do it because they can't do anything else, but frankly I've met far, far less people that fall into that category as co-workers than people who are in the process of getting their lives together, or people working on obtaining largers goals and aspirations.I got into it because I enjoyed bartending and happened to be pretty good at it, went to bartending school and fine-tuned my hobby, and the rest is history. I've worked as a server throughout my time in the Police Academy and am well on my way to becoming a police officer in March.Before I was a server, I trained large breed dogs professionally. Before that, I did interior design & construction. I wouldn't say I'm a server because I can't do anything else. I just choose to do what I do because I enjoy it and make enough money to own a three bedroom house in a nice neighborhood, a car, and have the time and ability to enjoy my personal hobbies and provide for (and spend more time with) my two children. It's a means to an end- a placeholder job for me.

MDubz site profile image

12/15/13 12:18 AM by MDubz

I live in Canada and our dollar is basically on par with yours. There's only one tax in Alberta, I don't find anything here to be overly expensive...

quality site profile image

12/15/13 12:02 AM by quality

In the US people that don't know how to do anything become waiters. They make like $2 an hour but they make up for it by the average tip. I always tip at least 25%, but then again I'm not broke (yet).I've also heard in other countries things cost more money so it probably averages out.

MDubz site profile image

12/14/13 10:50 PM by MDubz

I'm honestly blown away at all the posts with people saying they make under 5 dollars an hour, is there no minimum wage in the US? I make my first $5 in my first 10 mins of the hour and at that point we haven't even went over the play of the day yet, damn...

Wriggling Grunion site profile image

12/13/13 11:54 AM by Wriggling Grunion

How exactly would you tip a Toys R Us employee without it being awkward? "Thanks for getting that off the top shelf for me. Gimme some skin. Oh snap, how did that $1 get there?"

SQUEEZIE site profile image

12/13/13 11:54 AM by SQUEEZIE

3 stooges.we will see how funny you ladies think hell is.

Ryan Black site profile image

12/13/13 11:50 AM by Ryan Black

Thank you to both of you, and VU's headed your way. I really appreciate the compliments, D. And back at'cha- I always enjoy reading your posts.And lol- tipping a sales rep at Toys R Us may seem a bit excessive, but it would be so rewarding and so out-of-the-ordinary for a TRU sales rep, that it would absolutely make that person's day. I have never worked in a more miserable environment, ever. They treat their employees like shit. And that's standard operating procedure for them, nationally- not just the one I worked at. I've heard horror stories from people working at Toys R Us' across the country.

PointyShinyBurn site profile image

12/13/13 10:56 AM by PointyShinyBurn

So if the tips don't make up minimum wage, does the employer have to top it up? Or are they just allowed to completely fuck you over on the basis that you might get tipped?

ShawnTheBadger site profile image

12/13/13 8:52 AM by ShawnTheBadger

This would have been the ideal strategy. $7.00 was such a bad tip it was insulting to the server.   However MDubz, if that bitch had any class, she would have quietly covered the proper tip herself and said absolutely nothing.  Simply slipped the server a couple twenties with a wink. Now you know a better way to take care of the server, and that bitch is still a bitch.

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!