Rousey: Tate has to talk me down

It's no secret that there is no love lost between Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate ahead of their rematch scheduled for UFC 168.

Rousey is confident heading into the rematch, as is Tate, but Rousey believes she is acting confident to make herself believe she can win:

"She goes on her interviews and says she's going to finish me in the first round, ‘she has so many holes in her game, blah blah blah,' she tries to talk me down all the time," Rousey said. "She has to convince herself."

Rousey says she contrasts Tate's approach with her own preparation, in which she assumes Tate will come into the fight at the MGM Grand at the top of her game.

Jaco Women\'s Patriot Crew Shirt

Jaco Women's Patriot Crew Shirt

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

upaloompa site profile image

12/21/13 5:29 PM by upaloompa

Great comment. Applies across a wide range of things too.

Bucephalus site profile image

12/21/13 5:00 PM by Bucephalus

Almost all of the prefight talk has been from Meisha.Ronda may have flipped her off and said shit to her in person, but she has said very little since TUF.

Bucephalus site profile image

12/21/13 4:58 PM by Bucephalus

""I believe her when she says she's in the best shape of her life," Rousey said. "I believe her when she says her striking is the best in her life, I believe that she can have a perfect game plan and focused her game plan on my weaknesses and everything possible, everything. I assume she is going to be perfect. I'm prepared for a five-round brawl. What she is hoping for is for me to go out there and for me to make a mistake. I expect a whole lot more from her than she expects from me.""This is one of the best pre-fight remarks I have ever read... It reminds me of a chess master who once said that if you make moves based on the idea that your opponent doesn't know your plan, you have already lost the game. True masters don't hide anything because they don't have to. It doesn't matter if the opponent knows what they are going to do.

BRZ site profile image

12/21/13 4:06 PM by BRZ

Kind of hard to do that when Tate doesn't get much press v

spidermanik site profile image

12/21/13 4:02 PM by spidermanik

Has tate been talking any smack for this fight?

jettdogg site profile image

12/21/13 3:33 PM by jettdogg

I saw one episode and she was acting like a retarded 8 year old and she was insulting Tate nonstop. Here she is babbling away that someone has to "talk her down" Meanwhile she made a fool of herself on that dumb show running her mouth. She's stupid.

UGCTT_Nightkap site profile image

12/21/13 11:30 AM by UGCTT_Nightkap

Agree. It pains me to say it, but great interview from RR. Tate doesn't have much more than a ton of heart going for her in this one....Sad to say she gets throttled again.

Stea1th site profile image

12/21/13 9:16 AM by Stea1th

The said part is it's not like Ronda is going on YouTube or posting this shit to her twitter. You have reporters asking her questions and she is answering. The amount of people butthurt over this is laughable. Not sure if it's because she's a chick, but she isn't doing anything out of the norm.

duckhuntgangsta site profile image

12/20/13 9:54 PM by duckhuntgangsta

I love Ronda's perspective. It's so true.

sparkuri site profile image

12/20/13 9:48 PM by sparkuri

Take your $5 and shove it

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!