A smiling Anderson Silva back on his feet

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva broke his leg when Chris Weidman checked a low kick at UFC 168 on Saturday night. The break was so bad many fans assumed this was the end of his career.

However, his surgeon says he can start light training in three to six months, and that there is every expectation he can fight again, should be choose to.

And he is already back on his feet, albeit aided by crutches.

Anderson Silva @SpiderAnderson
I want to say thank you to all my fans and friends to support me at this moment,I wish a great and happy 2014 to all

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

tags: UFC   Anderson Silva (detail)  video

Stea1th site profile image

1/3/14 4:23 PM by Stea1th

:-)

8flat site profile image

1/3/14 2:29 PM by 8flat

LOL...I see what you did there

8flat site profile image

1/3/14 1:38 PM by 8flat

It's crazy to think he can throw a hard kick with a bone that looks like an erector set......Usually the rods are placed in the center of the bone, you're saying this one is on the oustide, like a plate? Goddayum I'll bet that would indeed hurt if he kicked you with it...haha.

UGCTT_EnderTL site profile image

1/3/14 11:27 AM by UGCTT_EnderTL

Awesome pic. I've showed it to a few people and everyone is happy to see him looking in good spirits.

Ironhouse site profile image

1/3/14 11:23 AM by Ironhouse

He has that rare Ali charm that lights up a room.

goldenboyart site profile image

1/3/14 10:07 AM by goldenboyart

RNJ....I just about busted my ribs laughing so hard at your reply. So true, LOL.Good to see Silva happy and surrounded by family that loves and cares about him. Without family ya ain't got nothing.(Qualifacation) I'm talking about your wife & kids, possible parents and sister & brothers, maybe. BUt there's sure as hell some family members that the only reason you ever see themn or even talk ot them is because you're stuck with them. (Sadly) You're still there for them becasue blood is blood but if not for that you woulkdn't even share a drink with them, LOL.In my case anyway.

Taz Styles site profile image

1/3/14 2:19 AM by Taz Styles

SevenLeggedSpider site profile image

1/2/14 11:40 PM by SevenLeggedSpider

Justin Gore is a UG member here who also broke his leg. But I don't think you know him b/c he can't kick like how you're describing after the fact. Trying to locate the video, he had it at one time but the company website was redesigned. It was for Gladiator challenge back in 2009 I believe.

EyeRish site profile image